witsend

Flashing toothbrushes

Hi - I may be the last person to have discovered these (flashing toothbrushes) but if not just wanted to recommend them.

My eldest son hates cleaning his teeth has to be nagged constantly about it and even then does it for a few seconds only - have been worried bout it for a while. Last time I ws in ASDA with the little one he spied this toobrush that flashes for a full minute and wanted it so I bought it and althought the novelty has worn off with little one it's been great for DS1. :thumbs:

He doesn't actually use the brush cos it's for younger kids (and it belongs to his brother! :lol: ) but he presses the button and brushes his teeth diligently for the full exact minute til the flashing stops, it has really appealed to him. just thought may be useful for others out there. Happy Brushing!!

Luv Witsend.

Hiya Witsend, just had to reply to your thread! :thumbs:

I was always nagging my son to brush his teeth (still do) & it is a constant battle every evening just to actually get him into the bathroom! We bought this flashing red toothbrush & this also flashes for 1 minute - soon as it stops flashing, thats it....he will not carry on brushing! If i try to help him to carry on brushing his teeth for a wee while longer he'll start tapping very loudly on the sink until i give up & telling me in no-uncertain terms thats it's stops flashing AND THAT'S IT! :ninja:

i had the same problem with flynn.would not even entertain a toothbrush.UNTIL.....i found the flashing totthbrush.the handle is actually a flashing snow globe!!i even have one myself :rolleyes:

I'm really pleased with myself as I have found a Transformers Transforming toothbrush today in Boots!!!

I too have major teeth-brushing issues with my son but as luck would have it Transformers is his current thing.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some clean teeth and peaceful mornings!!

cattubb xx

No way!

A toothbrush that does anything other than brush teeth would be way too distracting for J - he'd spend the whole time just looking at it and it wouldn't get near his mouth.

Karen

x

Oh Cattub I've got one of those transformer ones as a stcoking filler for the little one. I think toothbrushes are actually becoming my special interest! :lol: I saw a pack of 6 (just bog standard ones) in the pound shop the other day and thought well 'silly not to'........ :lol:

Luv Witsend.

Hayden went to see a special needs dentist (he was reffered by the school nurse) the dentist was brilliant with him, she was very calm & explained everything to him step by step, she gave him a ride in the chair which he totally loved & let him choose what colour glasses he could wear while she looked in his mouth! He has another appointment to go back on the 17th Jan which she said would seem like a 'play' session to Hayden but it's really to try & teach him to brush his teeth & to try & get him to do it on his own whilst making a game of it. There is also a special toothpaste ( :blink: ) that she's going to start him on, as he won't use a minty or peppermint one & trying to find a strawberry one is a nightmare sometimes!!

ha haaaa, the tooth brushing saga! My son is 12 and still a nightmare, just bought a brush that plays queens, we will rock you, Ill wait with bated breath!

Lisa

oh yes we love our flashing toothbrush :thumbs: well my 4 year old does, and it works for her,i love it as well :thumbs:

Is it only me who gets a funny head / eyes while the brush is flashing? I can't stand it (bought one each for my boys).

Ds#1 isn't very taken with his and sat with it in his mouth for the required time but didn't actually do any brushing!! Ds#2 quite liked it but likes the vibrating ones too (he's much better at brushing that his older brother - ds#1 doesn't seem to have the attention span required to remember what he's doing)

I got a pink flashy one from sainsbury, along with pink sparkly tooth paste and my girl loves it being the princess she is! She was showing great reluctance to brush her teeth, but with these, there is no stopping her now!

Lisa35, WHERE on earth did you find a toothbrush that plays We will rock you...? My son loves that song! we could have some very happy brushing coming on!!

Kirstie, on play.com, he used it today,i nfact brushed so long teeth/gums bled a bit! Most hes ever cleaned em, they have to brush longer to get tthe music louder! Genius

Lisa