Siadwell

Serious topic

It's about time somebody realised just how bad this can be , you women know nothing about this deadly virus that affects us men, just watch this and you'll see what I mean...man flu ;)

My cat had man flu earlier this year. He just lay about looking pathetic, couldn't even wipe his own nose! I was so worried about him, thinking he must have caught cat flu, which is more serious than human flu, especially in such an old cat, but it turned out it was just a cold.

I have a reeeeeeeel problem with this - HONESTLY!

I do see the joke and think it's funny and all, but as a blerk get seriously po'd with everything from bubonic plague to the sniffles getting labelled with the same catch-all if you happen to have 'boy bits' down below...

Try telling a joke about PMT or the menopause and they go like this :angry::angry::angry:

Three years ago i had a viral chest infection that lasted for months. They had to change the antibiotics i was on every two weeks 'cos they weren't working. Dr's diagnosis. Bronchitis/sinusitis/chest infection/pleurisy ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Diagnosis of every woman I coughed within a 100 mile radius of - man flu.

SCIENCE has proven that women are more sensitive to pain than man by controlled experiments - honest injun, I saw it on QI.

Having babies - now THAT's a lot of fuss about nothing... trouble is, though, they know there is no way we can show that, so they'll be playing that card now for the rest of eternity :o:o Birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it... ;):devil:

BD :D

Having babies - now THAT's a lot of fuss about nothing... trouble is, though, they know there is no way we can show that, so they'll be playing that card now for the rest of eternity :o:o Birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it... ;):devil:

BD :D

good point :lol:

Birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it... ;):devil:

Actually (and I'm prepared to be mis-lead again) I think birds, bees and possibly fleas all lay nice smooth round shaped eggs. The last time I checked, babies come with all sorts of flailing limbs and stuff. :unsure:

Anyway, I thought "Man-Flu" did only apply to a viral cold :unsure:

Actually (and I'm prepared to be mis-lead again) I think birds, bees and possibly fleas all lay nice smooth round shaped eggs. The last time I checked, babies come with all sorts of flailing limbs and stuff. :unsure:

Anyway, I thought "Man-Flu" did only apply to a viral cold :unsure:

Hmmmm.... so let's get this right, then... you reckon that delivering the baby wrapped head to foot in a crispy coating shell that must not under ANY circusmstances get broken on the way out or on landing would make the job easier?

And if only man flu DID just apply to viral colds I wouldn't have a problem... It's an excuse for wimmin to whine at their other halves over just about any ailment that doesn't involve broken limbs, major surgery, or heavy collisions (in which case they drop the man-flu whine and start the babies one!) and justify it. Of course, not that you ladies need any particular justification for whining at all, you'll always find some somewhere even if it's not 'that time of the month'...

I AM DUCKING of course, but wonder if any of you can see the irony here? :lol::lol::whistle:;):devil:

L&P BD (standing up and being... OUCH! Who threw that??) :)

Whats the difference between a woman with PMT and a pitbull terrier?

A lipstick :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: In my case anyone that comes near me MUST be prepared to have their head bitten off otherwise leave well alone :lol:

My dad says that having a baby is like doing a big poo. Notably, my dad has never given birth.

And my cat does not have his "boy bits" any more, and he was definitely making a big fuss about nothing.

Well, who do we have to blame for putting these childbirth fears there in the first place.

I remember as a child watching the comedian Carol Burnett, she warned all women.... Quote.....I will tell you what its like to give birth to a watermelon..... think about this pull your bottom lip over your head and down to your neck, thats what a braxton hicks contraction feels like....... :rolleyes:

So what was I thinking when I had number one son.... Carol Burnett's theory :crying: no wonder it took 20 hours etc etc :lol::lol: :whistle::devil: now I know who to blame.... thanks Carol :wacko::rolleyes:

Thankgod for C-sections, or I'd of been a statistic too. Having said that though, the consultant who performed my first caesarean has since been struck off!

My DH is one of these fella's who never goes to the doc's....ever! I can count on one hand the amount of visits he had to a GP surgery in the 18 years we've been together. I can't remember a time he's been off work sick either. He somehow manages to avoid all sickness bugs our kiddies bring home from school, even if the entire house is down with it. So although he may moan abit, he does tend to just get on with it when he's poorly.

I did think he was a bit of a wimp, and over exaggerated his symptoms, ie headaches were brain tumours...indigestion start of heart attack, he would always assume the worst......but he does have tattoo's no probs, and gives blood and says it doesn't hurt, so maybe he has a higher pain threshold than me....I realised once I was in labour, that my pain threshold was zilch and all idea's of a natural birth went out of the window, while I screamed for drugs :lol:

Mind you, having said all that, when he had a hernia op, and the nurses came to remove his sticky dressing, I've never seen such a carry on in my life........I told him to think of it as a free wax :lol: What is the male version of a bikini wax? :unsure:

Edited by Bagpuss

When mr pearl had his vasectomy, he made the mistake of pulling the dressing off without soaking it first. He actually went green :sick:

He's a pretty hardy soul though, walks everywhere & weighs very little more now than when we met over 30 years ago. He never gets the kind of horrible cold that I get - just a few sniffles whereas I am just one big heap of snot for a few days :sick:

The odd things he does go to the doc for he gets fobbed off. He's had a really twitchy eye for months, & I said, one of these days one of your jobcentre clients is going to think you are winking at them & deck you, get it sorted, but the doc said, its a twitch, get over it. :rolleyes: I was hoping he'd get botox & get some for me too.