Bagpuss

The SALE adverts are dementing me.....

Lol. C's hooked on them - he's waiting to see sale adverts for PSP games! The Xmas money he got is winging it's way to a high street store tomorrow morning (after my lie-in, that is :clap: )

I've already been online and done some M&S sale shopping. Well, we were up at 5.30 yesterday and by 8am J was quite content, surrounded by Lego, and I was a bit bored. It seemed daft not to. Going to have a look at some others later today.

Karen

x

I didn't have any until three years ago, then I bought two in the sale. :lol:

We had a motley collection of beanbags, floor cushions and an indian bench settee sort of thing that broke and ended up without legs.

Now we have two civilized sofas and can invite people in without shame. Although B occasionally forgets that his place isn't holy and he can't snarl if a visitor sits there!

We had a home made bed when we first got married - planks nailed together on castors, with a mattress on top, about 3" from the floor! And I wonder why I have a bad back ... :rolleyes:

I moved out when I was 20 and although I've always had sofa's they were 2nd, 3rd or even 4th hand (nothing wrong in it), but it's only now nearly 10 yrs later that I have a brand new sofa where the only bum to sit on it first was mine!!! :lol:

KA x x x

You should have seen the state of my old sofas. Tatty, stained, ripped, springs coming out, and smelling of rat pee. It was too embarrassing to let the furniture men take them when they delivered the new sofas. They had to be cut up and dumped down the tip.

:lol:

OH and I were students and impoverished academics for so long, we sort of lost touch with how the rest of the world operates. I don't think we've ever been able to pass stuff on, once we'd replaced things. Worn to a ravelling!

Oh, Pearl, we still have our Futon bed base, but due to our advancing years, it now has a conventional mattress on it.

The children found it easier to climb on and safer to fall off.

Edited by Bard

Actually, I could really do with a new sofa as our current one has been Beagled (by the handsome little creature in my avatar. He's already demolished the one before this one), but I'm so reluctant to get one as I know he'll Beagle it too. Now, what I need is a Beagle-proof sofa, and I ain't seen any ads for them. If anyone sees such an ad let me know....

I used to know a beagle, a long time ago, called Hoover. Because that's what he did, every stray item of possible nourishment was consumed.

I'm not keen on dogs as a rule, but Hoover was a friendly and well-mannered beast who preferred begging to assault and battery if you had a biscuit.

Oh, Pearl, we still have our Futon bed base, but due to our advancing years, it now has a conventional mattress on it.

Futon? Theres posh! :D Our planky bed was pre-futon - literally, unsanded pine planks, splinters in the bum if we werent careful! :lol:

Futon? Theres posh! :D Our planky bed was pre-futon - literally, unsanded pine planks, splinters in the bum if we werent careful! :lol:

Wasn't going to mention it, but our futon came from Sheffield. Very advanced in Yorkshire they were back in the 80's.

My Grandfather was a founder member of the Independence for Yorkshire Movement. The first thing he said when my brother was born there was 'By 'ek 'e can b t'nex Boycott'

Have we hijacked another thread, oh my fellow mischief maker?

Sorry Bagpuss, in my case can I plead early onset of brain failure?

Actually, I could really do with a new sofa as our current one has been Beagled (by the handsome little creature in my avatar. He's already demolished the one before this one), but I'm so reluctant to get one as I know he'll Beagle it too. Now, what I need is a Beagle-proof sofa, and I ain't seen any ads for them. If anyone sees such an ad let me know....

He is like Jeremy Beadle in a way-makes am remember the theme tune,with Button,it'd be more like..."Watch out...Beagles about.."

sofas.

There isn't much of a difference with sofa adverts anyway,they always seem to be on,DFS seems to have a sale on every day.

:lol:

You are a kind and forgiving person.

I think my New Year resolution will be to try not to hijack threads, although it appears to be a talent of mine.

:oops::unsure: