oxgirl

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH got me a lovely jumper for Xmas and I'd enjoyed wearing it for several days. Anyways, stuck it in the washing machine today and it's shrunk to the size of a four year olds top and is all thick like felt!! :o How was I to know it was made of cashmere??!! It didn't feel or look like cashmere!! :crying:

Oh well, at least I had a couple of days use out of it. Now it's had to go in the bin! :tearful:

Bloomin' Christmas! :angry:

~ Mel ~

Oh, what a shame mel :(

Mr p once shrunk all my woollies - I was having a driving test & left him a note asking him to wash them. Instead of turning the dial to wool wash, he just switched the machine on where it was - boil wash :o

I failed that particular driving test as well.

Haha, oh dear, you gotta laugh, I guess. :lol:

It was such a nice jumper as well and I really, really need some new clothes! :o It just didn't cross my mind really, I assumed most modern materials could be chucked in at 40o. Ho hum, live an' learn.

~ Mel ~

Well, at least nothing has happened to the snails and fish, because that was my first thought when I read the title of the thread.

We've all had similar washing disasters, mine involved an exquisite chinese embroidered jacket which came out black with lots and lots of golden wire wrapped around the innards of the machine. So I needed a new jacket and a replacement drum.

i have also done this to a few jumpers i had-i now always check labels when im buying cause i just know id bung it in washer and do same again so now i dont buy wool things that need handwashing.....saved myself alot of cash i reckon ...lol x

Awwww Mel, such a shame, guess that 5 pounds you resolved to lose on another thread had better be 5 stone if your going to fit into that jumper again !

>:D<<'> Clare x x x

I would ask dear dh if he has the reciet and take it back to the store to show them that it was a mistake, if its machine washable then you might just get a replacement, if there is no way of a refund, then I know that some stores have a 70percent sale at the moment there could be a negotiation with hub that he gets another one at the fraction of the cost, and if there is not any in the sale I am sure you deserve another one what ever the cost.

I dont think a diet is recommendable, size zero is out of fashion and its curves for 2008.

JsMum

l bought DS3 a jumper for christmas, he asked if l minded if he took it back and got a refund as the one l got him last year shrunk and went all stiff in the wash, l asked him what temp he washed it at and he said no 1 90!!! Bless him he is a student and dosent do much washing, which is a good job!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Haha, oh dear, you gotta laugh, I guess. :lol:

It was such a nice jumper as well and I really, really need some new clothes! :o It just didn't cross my mind really, I assumed most modern materials could be chucked in at 40o. Ho hum, live an' learn.

~ Mel ~

I think most things are 40 so I would check the lable and take it back, if it isnt then I would still take it to the store because you wont be the only one who will of done this, I hope you go on a shopping spree very soon.

JsMum

Was the item puchased with a Credit Card? If so, I think some credit cards have a clause which allows you to claim for accidental damage - up to 6 months of purchase and if the item purchased is more than a certain amount (last I checked it was �50).

Awwwww no!!!

I would be a bit cheeky and take it back saying i washed it as instructed....but it shrunk anyway!!! :whistle:;):devil:

I have done this before!!!!!!!!!!! naughty naughty- it worked though!! :thumbs:;)