hobbityhole

I'm Expecting - but how to explain it to ds?

:robbie:

Happy New Year to one & all - need some advice here, have just found out I am expecting and was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to explain it to my 4 year old ds who has HFA without confusing the heck out of him?

Any & all suggestions would be great!

Hi not sure really, all children are different even with asd and their understanding can be so different. when I had my third M (AS) was only just over 3 so I didn't really have to explain too much although he understood very well anyway. (he used to call my bump 'the egg' lol) sorry haven't been much help.

Congratulations !

Sorry don't have any advice but hope what ever explaination you choose goes well

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Congratulations! :thumbs: I guess you've got plenty of time to start putting the idea to him and once he starts to see you getting bigger he might get curious. :P

~ Mel ~

Congrats :thumbs: I was also expecting when my asd son was 4. To be honest he couldnt have cared less :lol: When i got bigger i used to say mummy is having a baby its in my tummy which seemed to interest him a little but i wouldnt worry too much about it try and relax while you can >:D<<'>

Congratulations!

I was 3 when my brother was born. We were in a shop and I asked my mum, "how did the baby get in your tummy?"

Congratulations!

I was 3 when my brother was born. We were in a shop and I asked my mum, "how did the baby get in your tummy?"

My son asked me last year if i swallowed him!

Hi.I just found a book on the thread on puberty on a link posted by Baddad today that might be worth a look.I looked around yesterday but could not find any books that might be helpful so it was good timing that the link cropped up today.Karen.