KateBall

Our brilliant 2 days

Have been really busy lately culminating in ds's 2 day assessment at BIBIC http://www.bibic.org.uk/

I can honestly say that we got more help, support and practical advice for now and the future than we have ever got in the last 7-9 years. I feel like we belong to a big family and will get support and help without being looked down upon, poo poo'd or made to feel like we are bad parents and our sons difficulties are as a result. They looked at our ds without any mystery in their faces. He is complex - but they had seen it all before and gave us loads of answers and explanations about him and then strategies to deal with his issues. And we go back again in 6 months to see if they've worked. In the meantime they call us to see how we are getting on (not like the NHS where we call them to chase them up!!). Just trying to take it all in at the moment but have never felt so positive and less confused than I have today.

Hopefully now your Local NHS wont poo poo you any more, Bibic have expertise and they know what should be happening and what your childs rights are now so hopefully you can now not only put into place stratagies at home but at school, his other activities everything that he comes into contact with.

I have a feeling that your assessments locally will gradually apear now and it hopefully will not be long to be actually listened to and local services pulling together and giving your son support.

Its totally horrible not to be listened to but I have learnt over the last couple of years, I strongly believe in certain areas of PCTs diagnosis are not easy becasue once they are then they have to put in resouces but I feel some proffessionals work together to try and keep parents away for as long as possible because they know that once a diagnosis is in place they not only have to offer health resources but education know they need to offer SEN, social services know they have to offer practical social support and the community on a whole have to provide a lot more understanding so I sometime feel that some providers like to make it as difficult as possible to delay the support.

Your in good hands now and someone there to generally listen and understand and I am not surprised you have had a brill 2 days.

Good Luck with the programme.

JsMum

Hopefully now your Local NHS wont poo poo you any more, Bibic have expertise and they know what should be happening and what your childs rights are now so hopefully you can now not only put into place stratagies at home but at school, his other activities everything that he comes into contact with.

I have a feeling that your assessments locally will gradually apear now and it hopefully will not be long to be actually listened to and local services pulling together and giving your son support.

Its totally horrible not to be listened to but I have learnt over the last couple of years, I strongly believe in certain areas of PCTs diagnosis are not easy becasue once they are then they have to put in resouces but I feel some proffessionals work together to try and keep parents away for as long as possible because they know that once a diagnosis is in place they not only have to offer health resources but education know they need to offer SEN, social services know they have to offer practical social support and the community on a whole have to provide a lot more understanding so I sometime feel that some providers like to make it as difficult as possible to delay the support.

Your in good hands now and someone there to generally listen and understand and I am not surprised you have had a brill 2 days.

Good Luck with the programme.

JsMum

Oh yes - I know exactly what you mean and totally agree. I am so excited now that things might just start to happen. We'll see. Watch this space!

Hiya

Me too - never heard of them. My problem is that my daughter is now 16 so they probably won't want to know!!!! It looks like a really great organisation.

Good luck with it

Gail

Hiya

Me too - never heard of them. My problem is that my daughter is now 16 so they probably won't want to know!!!! It looks like a really great organisation.

Good luck with it

Gail

My understanding is that they will help a child under 18 - so go for it! I'm so glad I did.