Bagpuss

What has your kiddy/anyone said lately that's made you feel old?

Watching Foyles War the other night.

The lady, Honeysuckle Tinkerbell whatyoumacallher, typing merrily away.

She says to Foyle her typewriter keeps getting stuck.

Eldest dd said to me "What's a typewriter?"

Explained it was for typing up letters, books, etc etc etc

She replies "Don't you use a computer for that?"

Felt old, very, very old :rolleyes:

Edited by Bagpuss

My eldest told me what he wants for his birthday.... his 17th birthday :o:wacko:

Hi

I was talking to OJ about the rubbish that was on tv over Christmas - he complained that all the films he had already seen or could download or watch on DVD and I said that when I was little it was so exciting finding out what films would be on as we had no video, dvd, computer,consoles and were rarely taken to the cinema. I felt like something out of a Monty python sketch - 'you were lucky to live in a paper bag' or something like that!!!

Stella x

I caught myself smiling in a mirror the other day and saw they are no longer 'crows feet' around my eyes but Waldorf & Statler furrows... memo to self - stop smiling...

Oh - and knowing who 'Waldorf & Statler' are...

:)

Hi

I was talking to OJ about the rubbish that was on tv over Christmas - he complained that all the films he had already seen or could download or watch on DVD and I said that when I was little it was so exciting finding out what films would be on as we had no video, dvd, computer,consoles and were rarely taken to the cinema. I felt like something out of a Monty python sketch - 'you were lucky to live in a paper bag' or something like that!!!

Stella x

Yes I had a very similar conversation with my son recently about how the highlight of one childhood Christmas day was watching The Sound of Music on TV - in black and white - these films only came to the cinema about every five years, when it was a real treat to go and see them, definitely a dressing up occasion. I grew up in Zimbabwe (aka Rhodesia then) definitely in't' cardboard box in't middle o't' road as far as technology was concerned!

K x

I caught myself smiling in a mirror the other day and saw they are no longer 'crows feet' around my eyes but Waldorf & Statler furrows... memo to self - stop smiling...

I look in the mirror now and see my mum..........and my dad's jowls :ph34r:

*raises hand eagerly* I know I know!

For the uninitiated ...

Old Gits

These days Baggy, I look like my dad with a wig on :o

New years eve my freind had a party I was slightly tipsy....... anyway I was dancing my daughter was looking on horrified i heard her talking to the other kids and was informing them how embarrassing and that old people cant dance - she is only six!!!

Was singing along to a song on the radio when dd said 'that song must be old' I replied 'yes it is how do you know?' to which she answered 'cos you know all the words Mum!!!'

New years eve my freind had a party I was slightly tipsy....... anyway I was dancing my daughter was looking on horrified i heard her talking to the other kids and was informing them how embarrassing and that old people cant dance - she is only six!!!

I posted this on the party thread, worth a rerun:

Dad Dancing