Sign in to follow this  
hev

mobiles on contract??

was thinking of getting steve a mobile on contract,has anyone got there teenagers a contract phone?if so can you set a limit on calls they make?or is it a terrible idea?

With my own contract you can't set monthly amount plan you want to be on but I still go over it every month. I do not think you can actually get a plan and say can have the credit stopped when you hit the certain limit.

I think in reality you would probably be better of getting him a pay as you go and every weekend when he is home top it up with say �10, he could always text you and you could call him back if his credit is low, that way I see you having more control over it whilst he is in the learning curve of using it, if you set up contract he could be running you up very high bills monthly by making other calls, down-loading and surfing etc.

I am on contract and evry month I always go over, it is good for getting cheaper calls, but an alternative is for you to go on contract and Steve on pay as you go, so that way you can call him and not be paying so much per minute as you do on pay as you go.

yeah i think you are right,i go over every month as well by about 25 pound but my contract dont end till oct this year,i just didnt know if once he had reached his limit they would block calls

Try calling your contract people and see if you can have your's increased. I can increase mine at any time througout the contract but I think they do it at the start of the month. I can go back lower to the original plan but can't go lower than that till the contract is up, if that makes sense.

Hi.We got J our elder son a mobile and I top up as needed.I would think it would be easier to keep an eye on how much Steve is spending week by week that way.As stressedmumto2 has said you can always top up week by week.At least that would prevent all of the credit for the month being used in a day or two.Karen.

There is a contract with t mobile where you pay for eg �10 a month by DD and they get 100 mins and 50 texts or something. Once that runs out you can top it up in addition. We found this the safest option with our son. There is no risk of big bills and they get credit each month.

p.s sorry if this broke the rules on advertising. I didnt know how else to put it. :unsure: