Sign in to follow this  
danny

support and guidance writing to the ombudman

nearly a year ago I agreed to have my son accomodated under section 20 for an assessment because of severe behavioural problems at school and home.Police intervened as I had been asking for help from social services and wasnt getting any.They did a seven week core assessment,my sons behaviour detreriorated even further,we were subject to inferences to a capability as parents,run through the mill.I agreed to an assessment in week ten my son had to be moved subject to apparent sexualised behaviour to another assess unit.This finally was completed in october last year.I had already started sen statementing process which was finalised in november,it isnt worth the paper its written on.Despite the numerous reports,assessments and diagnos from child mental health,the lea went ahead and issued a statement offering 8 hours support in the school that refused to have him back since june last year.There is social services involved/health/yot.My sons life gets worse every day,I cant bring him home or s/s would place my other two children at risk,they have admitted the place where he is is not meeting his needs,its gone from child specific to JAP/JAFF meetings galore still nothing is moving.Asystemic therapist told me to take charge,I have found more than one school that will look at a placement for my son but LEA have failed to honour my request to put the referral through,spent two weeks leaving messges all over norfolk,getting fobbed off with every load of.......in the book,yot and health are behind me but are getting knowhere.Would have already got a solicitor involved but cannot finance it,cant get any help,time is running out for my son.LEA agreed back in december statement needed amending,also asked them if the eight week deadline on appeal applied they said no because they had agreed to amend,but have done nothing accept come up with excuse after excuse.

Can anyone give me some concrete help that will make a dent in this.My family and I are suffering badly,we dont live anymore just exist.

Danny have you spoken to the Ombudsman's office to see if you'd be eligible to make a complaint?

How about contacting:

*The Community Legal Service tel: 0845 345 4345

*The Disability Law Service tel: 020 7791 9800

*The Disability Rights Commission 08457 622 633

Sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest to you...

Danny

I am at a loss to know what to say. :( You need the advice of an expert in autism, but they are hard to find. Have you tried the NAS? They have a legal team who may be able to give you advice. Or they may be able to tell you of a suitable placement for your son, it's crucial that he has somewhere that has expertise in ASD.

I hope some of Helen's suggestions prove useful.

Please keep us posted, someone else may be able to come up with some ideas.

Nellie xx

If the schools will accept it, send the paperwork about your son yourself. I did that, to get an initial yes or no. If you get a yes, it will put you in a stronger position.

Karen

Danny,

You can request a complaint form from the Ombudsman's office or you may be able to download this form from The Ombudsman's website... if it is on there.

The time scale for making a complaint is very important, as The Ombudsman will not be keen to deal with anything that is over a year old.

The link below will take you to one of Nellie's posts - Nellie mentioned that she took out a complaint about education to the local Ombudsman (with the help of IPSEA) and won. Perhaps IPSEA would be able to help you?

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...st=0entry1203

Danny,

I did take my complaint to the local ombudsman, it was with the help and on the advice of IPSEA. My complaint was about maladministration against the LEA. You may have a complaint against Social Services too.

Phone IPSEA and explain your problem, they are very good and helpful.

IPSEA Independent Panel for Special Education Advice

http://www.ipsea.org.uk/

You seem to have two problems, complaints and appropriate provision NOW for your son. I would speak to the NAS ask them if they know any ASD expert who can get a service needs assessment done. Hopefully they will be able to advise you on how to move forward.

This is the link to the Local Ombudsman, there are some cases on there which you can read along with other relevant information.

http://www.lgo.org.uk/

Hope this helps in some way.

Nellie >:D<<'>