Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn

Standards fund

Hello all,

I'm trying to get my head around the finer points of SEN funding in schools, in the process of writing our case statement for tribunal. I have the school's governors' annual report and I'm looking at what the school gets for SEN. It lists the amount for pupils with statements, amount for non statemented pupils and something under "standards fund SEN" - �3606.00.

Does anyone know what this is and what it gets used for in schools? Does your annual report have something similar? It seems to be something over and above the normal SEN budget.

Hoping one of you wise people will know the answer :)

K

You could try looking at www.governornet.co.uk.

We don't have it on our budget - I have heard of standards funding - but don't know what it is.

We have a per pupil element (�x for EVERY pupil) + step 2 pupils at �y + step 3 pupils at �z + children with a low incidence statement get some funding of their own. Different counties do it differently though.

Karen

The Standards Fund, is or was not sure if it's still up and running, for raising Standards - that's if my memory is correct? It's not just an SEN Fund the Standards Fund is available to raise Standards in areas that schools feel they need more money to develop and raise Standards.

Again if my memory is correct the SEN Standards Fund is awarded to raise SEN Standards and that is not per individual pupil. It could be purching a White Board or something which will help many of the pupils with SEN in a school. Does that make sense. I know our school got money from the Standards fund which had to be spent on buying new PC's because that's what the money was ear marked for. We could not use any of this money to pay for staff so we ended off with a wonderful PC suite that no one knew how to use :wacko:

Thre are lots of different funds available to schoolds so long as the school meets the critera. I call them top up funds - because they are not part of the main budget. They usually have to be spent on very specific items. Our school put in lots of bids to the NOF Fund (New Opportunities Fund) My knowledge is very wooly now it's been a while since I was COE for Matthew's old school.

Carole

Thanks Carole and Kazzen. Carole your explanation makes sense. I don't usually scrutinise the school finances that closely - who does - but I suppose we should all take an interest in what our schools are spending money on.

The senco, who has been extremely helpful in finding everything I need, doesn't have much idea about budgets, I think his heart sinks every time I ring as he knows I am going to ask a question he can't answer.