Sign in to follow this  
ellisisamazing

Asperger/AsBerger Model on ANTM this evening.....

Watching the new season of America's Next Top Model this evening, they have a beautiful contestant called Heather Kuzmich with AS featured, but she and the others all stated she has AsBergers Syndrome!?!?! :wacko:

Just confused as to why is it pronounced differently?

Oh, and some of them girls are soooo rude, one of them said Heather was on a "three second delay" when it came to taking things in!!! :angry: And all in front of the poor girl who was obviously having a hard time adjusting....why are people soooo nasty?! :shame:

Hans Asperger was an Austrian, so the correct pronunciation of his name is "ass burger." We have anglicised it, and the Americans don't tend to.

Hans Asperger was an Austrian, so the correct pronunciation of his name is "ass burger." We have anglicised it, and the Americans don't tend to.

same in Aussie 50/50 either wat,I said "ass burgers' before I joined this forum but I say Aspie mostly or Naughty Autie :lol:

:D

When I was watching videos on youtube about Aspergers for some reason I found it amusing that they said it that way.

I watched that too with my daughter. The girl with AS was lovely in every way. She was no trouble, was polite and spoke when spoken too; but because she wasn't running around screaming and diving in the pool, and appeared to want her own space the other girls were horrible to her. I was fuming! She was by far the most beautiful if just because of her serenity compared to those awful aggressive shreiking bullies. I don't normally watch this, it's my dd who drew my attention to it last night, I was utterly appalled at the nastiness; not because of her AS, but because she was such a sweet gentle girl.

Flora

I was appaled by the way some of the other girls treated her. They seemed to think she was deaf as they spoke about her while she was within ear shot. It is amazing how bullying can make supposed beautiful girls look very ugly indeed.

I hope the show helps her out a bit more, I couldn't believe the smoking photo shoot when she was the one who had to be part of a pair, obviously it would be difficult for her to interact with the other girl.

Carrie

Oooh,ok thanks Tally.....I knew about Hans but I just hadn't thought of it being anglocised!

My friends son has AS and he likes to tell anybody who will listen that he has ARRSE BURGERS, cue much hilarity from a teenage aspie! :lol:

Oooh,ok thanks Tally.....I knew about Hans but I just hadn't thought of it being anglocised!

My friends son has AS and he likes to tell anybody who will listen that he has ARRSE BURGERS, cue much hilarity from a teenage aspie! :lol:

hehe! I always imagine it in my head with a west country twang.. Arrrrrrrrrrsssseeee burrrrggeerrrrrrrrssss... ooohh arrrgghhh... :lol::lol::lol:

hehe! I always imagine it in my head with a west country twang.. Arrrrrrrrrrsssseeee burrrrggeerrrrrrrrssss... ooohh arrrgghhh... :lol::lol::lol:

Excellent, Science Geek! :lol:

My three year old DD always says that Ellis is 'OZZYTISTIC'.......I always picture Ozzy Osbourne shouting,"SHAAAAAAAAAAARRRRONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!" :lol::lol::lol:

America,s next top model is a fave prog of mine ...............along with most haunted, MTV, S The Hills , and My Super Sweet Sixteen :lol:

.................I watched it last night and thought what a lovely girl she is, really stunning, and so refreshing to see a decent, honest and kind girl.Unlike all the other catty witches, huddled in corners and being spiteful :shame: .I hope she does well and she has a lovely quirkiness that sets her apart from the others in a really positive way. :clap: ...............if anyone wants to see it the episodes are repeated tonite :thumbs: .