Mumble

AS Ageing

I have a theory made in some desperate hope at finding a long-term positive to being AS.

I look a lot younger than I am. Most people think I'm an undergraduate student, about 18/19 (which actually fits with the 2/3 emotional age thingy). My theory is this - and I'm thinking particularly of AS women but I guess it could also apply to men - is it possible that (on average - I'm sure there's cases that don't fit) we don't 'age' as quickly in terms of physical appearance as well as emotional age - I was thinking, and it's true in my case, but may not be for others, although is considered as a 'trait' (hate that word!!) that I make very little facial expression, so I'm not 'stretching' the skin on my face as much as would be 'normal' - so less 'prone' to wrinkles in later life - maybe? possibly? hopefully?

People often say it's good to look young - at the moment I don't find that (I still get ID-ed 10 years after I can legally buy anything) - but maybe in the future when I'm 60 or some other old age I'll reap the benefits?? :pray: :pray:

Any thoughts? Feel free to tell me I'm bonkers :wacko:

Guest Lya of the Nox

intersting

but could it be your mannerisms and the way you dress taht make you look younger? hope i not offended

look at meggz she is often taken for way older than she is, and peeps are very taken aback when she starts to behave like a 6 year old lol

which for me is a scary thing, i have a babe in a grown up body :tearful:

would that be why i got soo many wrinkles thenm cos i make too many face expressions

where does my white ( purple) hair come from ??? :whistle:

Well, have to say people are usually surprised to find out I'm as ancient as I am.

Long may it last, I say!

Bid :)

No sm*st-ar*e comments, please...you know who you are! :shame::P

Edited by bid

Your theory sounds good to me Mumble, my sister has deep frown lines on her forehead because that's the face she pulls when she's thinking hard.

Either I don't pull that face, or I don't think very often.. :rolleyes: but I have very few lines. Got some round my mouth, smiling mostly.

So you will look young and beautiful for far longer than ordinary mortals, as befits the youngest witch!

Hmmmmmmm, you could be onto something there Mumble ... just as AS children are often v beautiful & other worldly looking, I think it could be true that they often (but not always) look young for their age. JP doesnt have a lot of expression in his face & still looks v cute. And quite a few AS young peeps I know are v similar.

I could be the exception that proves the rule though - I'm NT, always laughing, crying, shouting, generally gurning ... but can pass for a good few years younger than my real age of 120 (by candlelight, with the wind in the right direction) :lol:

And yes, when I was 18 I hated being thought younger, now I'm pathetically grateful!

I look about 12. It's a embarrassing really. My mum also looks much younger than she is. She sometimes mentions her children to her students, and they are really shocked that my mum is old enough to have adult children. She is not an aspie though.

Sometimes when I answer the phone the caller says, "is Mummy there?" and I say, "no, she doesn't live here," and they say, "OK, is Daddy there," and I say, "no, he doesn't live here either," at that point they get really confused and say, "Oh well, never mind," and hang up :lol:

There might be something in this!

I've always looked younger than my age (well I did, I've aged about 10 years in the last year with this wretched blasted statement and tribunal business dragging on). I remember when my kids were all little, going to a hairdressers with three littlies in tow and the hairdresser thought I was their nanny 'cos I didn't look old enough to have any kids :rolleyes: Like I said, nature seems to have moved on an installment this past year, but I don't have any wrinkles at all!!!

flozza

Hmmmmmmm, you could be onto something there Mumble ... just as AS children are often v beautiful & other worldly looking, I think it could be true that they often (but not always) look young for their age. JP doesnt have a lot of expression in his face & still looks v cute. And quite a few AS young peeps I know are v similar.

I could be the exception that proves the rule though - I'm NT, always laughing, crying, shouting, generally gurning ... but can pass for a good few years younger than my real age of 120 (by candlelight, with the wind in the right direction) :lol:

And yes, when I was 18 I hated being thought younger, now I'm pathetically grateful!

Pathetically grateful.....hahahahahahaha!

Good Lord Woman! :lol:

Do you want me to rename this 'The Wishful Thinking Thread'? :lol:

Dunno about for growed ups - but ben at 10 looks about 14 and my 19 year old six foot two ASD nephew looks like every other six foot two 19yr old...

And then you've got Suze, who isn't, who looks about 3 (all together now 'On The goooood Ship....')......

However, a 'long term positive' for you mumble... the older you get the more 'ASD' becomes normal... the only difference is the terminology: 'stuck in your ways', 'too long in the tooth' - they all basically mean 'I'd rather stay in on my own and read a good book' :lol::lol: At least, that's what i've heard but being a young buck I wouldn't really know! ;)

And of course, looking like Nigella helps a lot! ;)

Bid :D

Is that Nigella as she is now.....every time she is on telly OH informs me she is not what she used to be :whistle::whistle: I thought he liked the cooking. :lol::lol::lol:

These days from behind Ms Lawson looks like a fridge with a head :o

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Mind you, the other week she wore a brown dress and a red pillbox hat and from a distance she looked like a jar of Bovril :lol:

Do you want me to rename this 'The Wishful Thinking Thread'? :lol:

So much for a sensible, thoughtful, intelligence discussion . . . :devil:

And of course, looking like Nigella helps a lot! ;)

Bid :D

I thought you were talking about Canopus then, obviously I'm having a ' senior moment! '

Dunno about for growed ups - but ben at 10 looks about 14 and my 19 year old six foot two ASD nephew looks like every other six foot two 19yr old...

B had whiskers, was 5'6" and looked about 15 when he was 12. I think the point about Aspie youthfulness is still valid though, get to young adulthood and stay there for several decades.

Who knows, there may be a secret Swiss laboratory working on the mystery as we speak, the secret of youth and loveliness.

Does Ben agree with your self-assessment BD, or is he AS honest?

Is that Nigella as she is now.....every time she is on telly OH informs me she is not what she used to be :whistle::whistle: I thought he liked the cooking. :lol::lol::lol:

Obviously I look like Nigella in her prime!

Bid :P

Well L looks very young and I expect she will keep her smooth flawless complexion for years to come. She doesn't like bright sunlight and either wears a hat, pulled right down over her head, or keeps out of it. Which I suppose is indirectly AS related. :rolleyes:

K x

Does Ben agree with your self-assessment BD, or is he AS honest?

Ben thinks i'm the Beez Kneez, the Muttz Nuttz and the Catz whiskerz :wub:>:D<<'>

And if anyone tells him the truth I will cut them into very small pieces and feed them to the meerkats at Drusillas B)