Sign in to follow this  
JsMum

anyone good at basket ball, from J?

Sorry Joshua, everyone in my family is very bad at coordinating balls and hands or feet. None of us can cope with basketball, even though B is quite tall.

My school has a very good basketball club that is run by an ENORMOUS young man with lots of tribal tattoes on his arms, and the children seem to be learning a lot from him.

Do you play in a team?

Last time I was at the school (where I've just returned to) I played occasionally with the students (all autistic) and had a great time doing so. I'm no good a shooting though so didn't make a difference to me that they made the rule that staff aren't allowed to shoot. That said I'm sure one of my reports made comments about me and ball games and generally not been great. Could normally make contact but not very good at controlling power or directing the ball. Still remember in golf having my own driver and getting made fun of (by everyone including myself and the teacher) for managing to hit it all of 1cm. Opps. That's not to say I don't enjoy playing but my skill levels could be better. Worryingly the game I've played most recently was volleyball and that was a couple of years ago in Kenya. Some how I ended up having 3 out of the 4 P.E. classes. I never did figure that one out. The students did enjoy teaching me though (not really how it is meant to work :rolleyes: ). I participated in most of their sport out there but polietly declined the opportunity (when given it by the other members of staff) to participate in the cross country. Running down and at the end up a cliff face for some reason didn't appeal. The rest of the route wasn't much better. I know why African nations are good at such events now though.

We had to play it at school, and I wasn't very good at it. We also had to play netball, so I kept getting confused between the two!

Do you like basketball, J? :)

K x

Unfortunately another not very good at co-ordinating a ball, hands and feet a the same time person :rolleyes: I used to have fun trying, but spent more time on the floor than anything. :lol:

I love basketball and netball.

I played netball for the school team and played both games when i did youth work and afterschool care work.

I enjoy most sports and really enjoy watching it being played.

When you watch competitive matches it can be really fast moving so enjoyable to watch.

nic

Hi J, my son Connor likes basketball and we have a proper basketball net and board attached to our house it came from America. Whilst we have a real basketball its a bit heavy :bounce: .....not for Connor....but for my plants and the fish pond when he misses and it smashes off the back board, so I have asked him to use the cheap plastic balls !!!!

Clare :thumbs:

Hi J, my son Connor likes basketball and we have a proper basketball net and board attached to our house it came from America. Whilst we have a real basketball its a bit heavy :bounce: .....not for Connor....but for my plants and the fish pond when he misses and it smashes off the back board, so I have asked him to use the cheap plastic balls !!!!

Clare :thumbs:

Claire. Wow a real american basket ball net, thats cool,

I want to go to america, my mum wants to go to Kenya,

I love california, san fransico I am going one day.

I dont play for a team, I play with my mum when we hire a hall, its just me and her and I win her, she isnt good at it so I win.

I want to join a class but I dont want to be with lots of other kids, I am happy doing it with mum, sometimes the sport coaches join in, they are better than my mum.

I am saving up for a mobile basket ball net, but my neighbours are really strict, probably tell me off if the ball smacks their cars, so we use parks and other sport halls, but sometimes the park has lots of groups of kids who are scarey so I want a net in my garden.

Maybe this year I will get a basket ball net,

I am the same with not always getting the net but my co ordination is good so I tend to be better at sports but I am clumsy and fall over a lot.

Josh. :D

Hey Josh,

Glad that you are having fun with playing basketball. I also want to go to America, specifically San Francisco, such a diverse community there. Hope you have a good time when you finally do manage to go :thumbs:

Jack :thumbs: