Sign in to follow this  
desperate

update on excluded again

Hi all,

I am so angry,Neil has been home from school all week after his fight with another child at his resendiatial school. They have now studied all the incident reports and have come to the same opinion as we did immediately. Neil acted in self defence and the other child actually attacked him and only after Neil had been kicked and hit a number of times did he hit back. The school have also said that Neil actually tried to walk away but was prevented from doing so. They have got the other boys parents in and "spoken firmly to them". Quote from deputy head of school.

They were apparently "coloured" by Neil's history!!

Neil was also going to go to a Lourdes trip with a charity attached to the school but his place was cancelled after "his violent unprovoked attack on another child". This can not now be turned back so he will not be able to go.

He is going to be allowed to go back to school on Monday, but I really don't know if it is worth all the trauma to Neil.

Will the deputy Head be apologising to your son, and reinforcing that he did the right thing by not hitting back and trying to walk away. If your son does not see justice done, then I cannot see a way forward.

Karen