Bagpuss

Shocking Secondary School Visit

I have never understood why teachers are so vilified :(

Boho >:D<<'>

At times I think it comes down to I know what is best for my child. Had a brief talk today with one of the teachers about it been nice that at least they had the parent on side for one of the more disruptive (able) students at the school. He said yes it was but it had been a long hard fight to make that the case. It took a lot of convinsing for the school to get the parent to realise there was a problem. I was just pleased to hear that she was going to take away privileges at home. After all I don't feel schools can do enough about poor behaviour now days. The back grounds of the worst behaved students are normally not great either. Not that I think any parents on here are the type that wouldn't offer support where it is needed. I can understand why some parents are like it though. It is hard to listen to anyone (even it is truthful) attack a member of ones family.

I can certainly attest to never having seen a school like the ones shown in the adverts from the government trying to recruit new teachers.

I've thought it before, and I'm thinking it again.

You are a lovely man DMB!

Got my bounce back now, :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

whinging over, although not finished paperwork yet for the termly assessments...

B's going on a 3 night residential trip, just like a real boy, and I didn't have to fight or even argue. His school are being fantastic again.