ASue67

Back to work tomorrow................

Am going back to work tomorrow after 9 weeks off (signed off with acute stress). I thought I was up to it (am definately much better than I was at the beginning of January) but I didn't sleep well last night and have been out of sorts all day.

Am worrying about how I will cope with everything again............ I love my job (TA in Special needs school) and I only work 16 hrs a week but Mike has been having more and more meltdowns recently (another biggy tonight) and I know I am going to be exhausted again coping with everything. Trouble is financially I need to work to pay everything!

Had a councelling session this afternoon and cried more or less all the way through.

Am now feeling totally drained (having dealt with Mike's meltdown earlier as well) and very wound up.

Help!!!!!!!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::crying::crying:

Sue,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

See how the first few days go - it's bound to be hard getting back into the routine after so long away from it. Then at least you have the long Easter weekend to wind down and assess how it's working out.

Thinking of you tomorrow

K x

Sue, the councelling session is bound to leave you feeling exhausted, particularly as you felt so emotional. Its a scary prospect going back to work after such a long time, but you never know it might prove to be a refreshing change. Hope the people you work for are supportive and the return is not as bad as you might fear.

I look forward to hearing all about how your first day back went tomorrow.

Thinking of you

Clare x x x

Thanks for all your replies. Am in work at 11am. Had awful night with Mike - we were up for an hr around 3.30am ish.................... then spent over an hr trying to get back to sleep so not feeling brilliant this morning!!

Just need to get through this week and see how I feel I think :tearful:

Am still in one piece - just!!!!! My back is aching (i forgot how much bending and lifting I do with the kids!!!)

Mike has had another meltdown tonight................. am just hoping he settles now and doesn't wake up again through the night.

Just need to take it one day at a time to see how I cope. I love my job and I loved being back today but I am absolutely exhausted and aching and then have to deal with Mike on my own the rest of the time...... it is the stress of everything outside work that causes the problems really and work is the only thing that can 'give' when things get bad cos I can't escape being a mum!!!!!

Thanks for all your thoughts today, I really appreciate it >:D<<'>