Sign in to follow this  
Thea

Any home educators out there?

Would love to hear from any other home educators out there or anyone who is thinking about going down that route. I have been home educating my eldest son who is autistic, nearly seven from the start and now also his brother with SLDs. Don't like that term one bit, but it's the label he is saddled with for now.

So please message me for a chat.

Hiya thea -

not a home edder, but thought I'd welcome you to the forum anyway!

"Welcome"

There are a few 'Tootermoms' about, so I'm sure you'll hear back from someone in a while

BD :D

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

We looked into home ed for our youngest recently (there is a thread lurking here somewhere)

Heard lots of positive things about it.

On the thread is some links to home ed sites (sorry, don't know how to link to other threads)

Hi A nice welcome, we are home schooling and J has taken to it really well, too well though I dont want to do this long term as I dont have any time for other tasks but we have employed a cleaner once a week to help with the responsibilites and so I can focus on J, we have been keeping to a timetable all visual and with things that interest him, so photography, bird watching, walking around wildlife parks, cycling, swimming, visisting venues that are educational and fun, cooking, planned perpous shopping, internet and tv discovery type learning and just 10 mins looking at spellings and maths.

Its hard going and I wouldnt really want to do this but Js not coping in a mainstream setting and the special needs in our area are not adequate enough as they dont take into account his abilities as well his disablities.

When you want a pack of potatoes you have a choice, baking, charlottes, baby potoatoes, but in specail needs here they want to mix them and sadly the results are not meeting some peoples SENs.

I wish you the best of luck, we are doing this tempary as we are going to sendist to fight for a place in a special school that is spersific to Js SENs.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum