Sign in to follow this  
Amanda32

Talking too much

Dont know if anyone as had problems such as your child not getting up for air when talking. My son had his eye checkup done this week and still needs to wear glasses for close work and tv. He saw a boy that he knew from his old school and started to chat with him. You should of seen him, think the conversation was one way.... :D This boy just kept looking the other way and my son just carried on talking regardless whether he was listening or not. He was putting his hand on his face and smiling like to say shut up but my son just carried on... :D He dont come up for air, i have been told he gets it from me but he's worse.... :lol:

I love him to bits anyway and my daughter, would not change them for the world.... :D

Looking forward to seeing my son's teacher monday for parent's consultation see how he's been doing.

Take care all

Amanda

Edited by Amanda32

Hi Amanda,

Kai talks NON-STOP too! He gets out of breath!

He doesn't often talk to anyone other than close family, but when he does he rants on for hours about trains/cows/snakes/planets, regardless of whether the other person is interested.

One way conversations! Bless them.

I saw my Auntie yesterday, who thinks Kai is lovely. I asked her if she'd like to have him to stay, and she said, "Not if he talks as much as you used to!". :oops: I can see where he gets it from now!

Loulou x

Aw bless him!! >:D<<'>

My son can also talk for Britain, he goes on and on and on and on etc etc etc! LOL He even talks to his PS2 games whilst playing them and when he an't talking, he's mumbling, screeching, making odd tunes, doing monkey noises etc! LOL

I know exactly how you feel!!

Hey, a suggestion, maybe your son and mine could get together and they could chat away to their hearts content whilst we sit and chill over a hot coffee??? ;)

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to you and enjoy the day! :thumbs:

Edited by Tylers-mum

Hi Amanda

my steven also has this problem my mum says he has verbal diaroea as he talks at you rather than to you, once his teacher made the mistake of asking about scooby doo and he went on for the rest of the day and no one could shut him up.

:lol: Lewis's nickname is rent-a-gob! :lol:

Once hes in the mood to talk thats it he rabbits on and on and you catch the odd snippet where you know what it is hes talking about but other than that we just let him carry on. He finds himself very amusing sometimes!!

He also does the same with his PS2 with all of the sound effects and animal noises, we just chuckle to ourselves when we hear him but sometimes he will launch into phrases hes heard from TV or cartoons full pelt with sound effects and funny facial expressions on the bus, somewhat embarresing! still, he finds it really funny so i shouldn't complain really. :rolleyes:

His latest is his imaginary friend Jimmy. He chats to him and has him sat next to him when hes eating or doing basket work and he wears pink pyjamas and has hair like a rooster i'm told (i think hes a cartoon character personally) and everyone indulges him. Its only when you'll say, "would Jimmy like to have a bath too?" Lewis will say "No Mum he's not real" :wacko::D

Take care all,

Love Kirst

My son doesn't stop talking either. He even talks in his sleep!! He'll talk all the way through television programs, even follows me to the toilet chatting away. If you shut the door he still carries on talking through it. I just tune out in the end. He never stops moving either, I think I find that more annoying. You're trying to watch tv and his leg is going up and down, up and down. It's really distracting. I don't tend to watch a lot of tv. I wonder why??? :wacko:

Lisa

Kirstie, :D

My son has an imaginary friend too that he talks to for a goodly long time, I think he was necessary as we 'zone out' after Sams been talking at us for hours!

Sams friend is called See through Sam. He is exactly like Sam except somewhat shorter and transparent. He told the paed about See through Sam when he was having his assessment, she thought he had said his name was Sifou Sam and was very impressed! Sifou means teacher/father in Chinese! Sam soon put her right though. He can talk endlessly, but then Im not short of a word or two either! :oops:

drift

hi

kian isnt a very talkative person but when he starts he just doesnt stop he started a new thing jokes, he just looks at something for example he looked at the celin and said " why did the lampshade cross the road to get to talk to the other lamp shade " :hypno: then he just doesnt shut up and goes on for hours thinking up new jokes and he doesnt just tell everyone he goes round telling everyone seperatly and he makes you laugh.

talk about cant stop talking look and my post.

jodie x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Not sure if any of you adults ever feel like this... :( when someone tells you that you talk too much and they cant get a word in. Well someone said to my hubby do he ever get a word in?....he said no but he switches off, felt a bit upset even though she was smiling and probably didn't mean any harm I was feeling low afterwards. Yes I do talk too much and repeat myself alot but thats me, get the feeling that when someone says iv'e got to go they are in a hurry its because they want to get away from me. Sorry but just wanted to say that and cant even be bothered to chat to the neighbours unless they talk first, think everyone is too faced. Im trying to switch off and listen more but I find im more anxious and nervous when im not talking if you understand what im saying.

Thanks for listening

Amanda >:D<<'>

I was forever getting told off as a kid for being a chatterbox and would constantly interrupt and get told off for that too. Even now, at 31, I still feel bad about being talkative and now have terrible anger because I try and keep my mouth shut for fear someone will tell me to be quiet or shut up, so I appear socially acceptable with others but really, I'm just screaming inside and I go home and get all uptight, throw things and shout and swear. I really wish I could just be myself and not care too much about what other people think of me. I say embrace your kid's talkative qualities, shame and guilt has blighted my life because of the way others have treated me and made me feel.

If my sons talking about what he wants to talk about he can talk forever but if he's talking about something he's not interested in he just babbles or wanders off.

I can talk forever too so I don't complain( evfidence is my phone bill) I've just got a lot to say :oops:

Edited by lil_me

Com starts talking as soon as you enter his space and doesn't stop even when you leave - just walking past the room he's in can trigger it!

we have a good line in ' yes, um, is that so?, I didn't know that' phrases - self-defense really but they just encourage him!

another thing he does is take up a conversation from the exact point he left it and expect you to remember all that's gone before - even a month later :wallbash::wub:

ho hum

Zemanski