Sign in to follow this  
hev

imperial war museum

nick and steve are going there tomorrow :thumbs: ive managed to find that the nearest train st is waterloo i think(they hate tubes)is it near waterloo or quite a way to walk?thanks

Edited by hev

Hi Hev,

Waterloo isn't too bad - I've done the walk in about 20-25 mins. Elephant and Castle is a bit closer but I don't know if it's a convenient station from your end.

I hope they have a great time!

K x

nick and steve are going there tomorrow :thumbs: ive managed to find that the nearest train st is waterloo i think(they hate tubes)is it near waterloo or quite a way to walk?thanks

Maximum 5 - 10 minutes walk. If they're coming into Waterloo East (I think you do from where you are), as you come up from the platforms, rather than continuing over the bridge to the main Waterloo station, take the stairs down (78 stairs!!) (it's signed, can't remember what - maybe Lower Marsh). If they're coming into the main Waterloo station, don't go out the main entrance but go out the exit down the escalators opposite platforms 4 - 6.

If you come down the stairs, cross the road at the traffic lights (watch out for the buses that try to run you over) to the Waterloo station back exit (or you'll come out here if you've come from the main station).

Then walk down towards a cross roads (i.e. away from the station, towards the Old Vic), past an ex-fire-station that is now a bar. The road is Waterloo Road and you may see signs to Lower Marsh Market. At the cross roads, turn right into Baylis Road - the road forks into two - take the left hand fork away from the shops. You should pick up signs from here.

At the next crossroads (where you will see Lambeth North tube station), go straight across into Kennington Road (big road) and walk down to the museum - it is definitely signposted from here and you can always ask peeps for directions.

That sounds a long way but it's not.

If it's raining or you can't be bothered to walk, when you come out the station, you can get a 59 bus from outside Sainsburys which will take you directly there.

cor thanks mumble :notworthy::notworthy::thumbs:

If it works it was all down to me :D

If they get lost with my instructions, I never said anything, wasn't here, and don't know who you are, OK? :lol: If anyone tries to claim otherwise they get 'Maxed' (blame Lisa :devil: and all the people currently requiring me to practise at being evil :whistle:)

The nearest tube is Lambeth North, which is on the Bakerloo line, but it is easy enough to walk from Waterloo. There is a market usually on Lower Marsh street which can be worth a look, and you walk down there to get to and from Wateroo.

Mumbles directions are excellent.

I used to work next to Waterloo Station and I used to walk down to the Imperial War Museum at lunch time so its not far at all.

Hope they're enjoying it hev!

It seems as though the walk to Waterloo is a lot shorter than my estimate. I did it on a really hot day with a 3 year old in tow! :lol:

K x