Sign in to follow this  
Cariad

Teeth pulling

I saw the post by florelli and wanted to ask about teeth pulling. T pulls out his own teeth even if they are slightly wobbly, he did this yesterday in the cinema and it was like something from a horror film. He was pleased as it "wasn't bothering him anymore"

He has done this even in trampolining "twice" and there is so much blood put he doesn't feel the pain.

Anybody else come across DIY teeth pulling?

Hi Cariad,

We have noticed Louis's 'strange' pain threshold in more ways than the dentist incident. It just seemed more 'intense' because it was witnessed by someone who didn't know Louis, and the Head of resi (who had taken him to the dentist for me), and the sheer fact that someone had lanced him and he hadn't flinched.

Other incidents of note for us are when he was cutting cardboard with a sharp kitchen knife cutting himself and me only knowing when I walked into the kitchen with it looking like a bloodbath. Louis was still merrily cutting away.

He also fell down the stairs in resi. No tears, no mention, yet the next day his ankle had swollen up to twice the size.

However, he can also go the total opposite - if you accidentally brush up against him, he will scream blue murder!

I saw the post by florelli and wanted to ask about teeth pulling. T pulls out his own teeth even if they are slightly wobbly, he did this yesterday in the cinema and it was like something from a horror film. He was pleased as it "wasn't bothering him anymore"

He has done this even in trampolining "twice" and there is so much blood put he doesn't feel the pain.

Anybody else come across DIY teeth pulling?

Hi, I just posted a similar item. My son is 14 and is now trying to pull his 2 front teeth out. They have gone really wobbly. Dont know what to do about it.

Earlier someone suggested using pecs. I got on the computer and printed out a sheet with pictures (not pecs) and instructions. My son really took to it and sat reading it and looking at the pictures for ages. He hasn't mentioned pulling his teeth out since and I am crossing my fingers.

There is a boy in my class (12 years old) who is not on the autistic spectrum but has Klinefelters syndrome and ADHD. he has pulledoiut several of his own teeth. Fortunately they have all been milk teeth. he seesm to do it when he is under stressed or sttention seeking. he will just pick one that isn't even loose and fiddle and pull all day until it comes out with a mass of blood.

I am at a loss as to what to do, so I have just ignored it and concluded that it's not really doing him too much harm. I just hope he doesn't continue this with his adult teeth although I think he will find it hard due to the length of the roots on adult teeth.

I used to pull all my milk teeth as soon as they got wobbly. I think that would have been only a few days before I'd lost them anyways.

Don't worry, it's only a phase ;):D <= (teeth still there)

We have the opposite problem, dd is on her second wobbly tooth and I really do not know what is holding it in, its been like it for weeks now and dd completely freaks the minute anyone goes near it. I almost wish she would pull it out..

We have the other problem, Nick hangs onto his teeth for ever, whats still keeps them in l dont know, if you try to get him to wobble them he freeks out, still l suppose they will have to fall out one day!!!

Our son, too, used to like to keep his wobbly teeth.

To the point where he looked a bit like a shark: with one tooth behind the other (i.e. two rows). We had to have them pulled out.