Sign in to follow this  
madme

Annual Review

We have ours son's one coming up. Last year the LEA just ignored the Review and the proposed changes. We did nothing as we couldnt see the point in fighting at that stage and it was only about minor wording. This year I suspect they will not turn up and will again ignore the recommendations. We are seeking a slight change to the type of provision which will obviously cost them - if they dont amend the statement am I right that we cant appeal and have to go for a re-assessment. Any experience of this type of siuation? What are our options?

Did the LA not send a letter saying that they accepted the proposals in the Review Report? They don't always actually rewrite the Statement, but any proposals, once accepted by the LA, become part of the Statement.

So re-assessment is the way to go. I can see that the LEA are supposed to write within 1 week after the reports following on from the Review- I just need to find out where that is stated- and then complain when they dont take action. Has anyone gone for a re-assessment in these circumstances- what we are seeking is a slight change to provision- but the rest reamins the same its about the type of 1-1 lessons he gets.