caren

TA's again

K got a new TA yesterday and while she's very nice i feel she's pushing me into a corner K has full support even at play and dinner , she asked me tonight to take him into the play ground in morning and leave him unattened (he's 7 by the way) i said no she said he can put his own coat on so should be able to be left for 5 minutes unattended but i said no way , so she said we will work on it , so why do i feel like ###### ? i want him to be indepandant but left alone , don't even leave K2 who's 11 on his own

My sons first TA at primary was a bit like that, she actually cured him of some of his autism :hypno: ...........silly moo :wallbash: .He was supposed to have support at dinner time, but she hosted a prayer meeting (it was a faith primary school) and meditated with other staff...........still makes my blood boil now :angry: ............thankfully the staff who look after him now are fab :thumbs:

My sons first TA at primary was a bit like that, she actually cured him of some of his autism :hypno: ...........silly moo :wallbash: .He was supposed to have support at dinner time, but she hosted a prayer meeting (it was a faith primary school) and meditated with other staff...........still makes my blood boil now :angry: ............thankfully the staff who look after him now are fab :thumbs:

thanks , find some things blooming frustrating

K got a new TA yesterday and while she's very nice i feel she's pushing me into a corner K has full support even at play and dinner , she asked me tonight to take him into the play ground in morning and leave him unattened (he's 7 by the way) i said no she said he can put his own coat on so should be able to be left for 5 minutes unattended but i said no way , so she said we will work on it , so why do i feel like ###### ? i want him to be indepandant but left alone , don't even leave K2 who's 11 on his own

I would tell her that your child has full support for a reason, and if you *were* to leave him unattended in the playground in the morning (I presume she means when you drop him off at school), then if anything should happen to him or he hurt another child, then you will hold the school totally responsible. If she persists, put this in writing.

I always handed my son over to his TA in the morning, together with the responsibility for his safety. Most children I know don't go into school on their own til they are in Year 3 or 4. Two of mine didn't like going to school, and would have run off/hidden given the chance.

Most children I know don't go into school on their own til they are in Year 3 or 4

Here when they have started school, first year, and been taken there for a couple of weeks their parents open the front door and shove them out...main roads to cross and all!

Me? I wouldn't and was told I was being 'over protective' :o . Well I would rather be that than anything worse

Is it a matter of independence or is the problem that the TA is not being covered for loo and tea breaks?

The latter was an issue at Ms school....

Is it a matter of independence or is the problem that the TA is not being covered for loo and tea breaks?

The latter was an issue at Ms school....

oh not to sure