gothschild

Hello peeps

First time on forum, got lots to talk about, had nobody to speak to about Aspergers who understands. I have two sons 16 and 11 the youngest one has AS. Just a little question at first, don't want to spoil myself! Does anyone know of a Pen Pal club for AS kids? My son would love to make friends with someone who shares his love of rock music and general knowledge facts.

SO HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND YOU ALL! :D

hi gothschild. Welcome to the forum. I have 2 boys, 15 and 12. My youngest loves singing and is really into music and would love the opportunity to have pen pals but I haven't found any as yet. He also has Tourettes and is desperate to meet others who go through the same pain as he does with his tics. Maybe someone else here will suggest something.

Stella x

hi glad you came over from ouchbbc, its very friendly here and people here understand what you are talking about .

Edited by sesley

hi glad you came over from ouchbbc, its very friendly here and people here understand what you are talking about .

Thanks for the information, its good to know your'e not alone, it so often feels like you are. Think I spend half my life looking answers!

gothschild x

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

There is a magazine called Asperger United who do penpals. You send in a little bit about yourself, and then other readers can reply to you via the magazine, but after the initial introduction, you contact each other direct. It's not specifically for kids, but a lot of the letters sent in are from children.

You can subscribe here: http://www.nas.org.uk/aspergerunited

Hi there and welcome to the forum (yeah I know I am a bit late, but better late than never)

I have a 13 yr old with AS. Hope you find a nice pen pal for your lad.

Clare :)

Hi Clare,

Still looking, its quite a difficult task. Going to try Asperger United, tried Wrong Planet forum but better suited for older teens.Would be good to start something up for our children, but wouldn't have a clue how to do it. Will find something eventually!

Nice to meet you x

Hi Clare,

Still looking, its quite a difficult task. Going to try Asperger United, tried Wrong Planet forum but better suited for older teens.Would be good to start something up for our children, but wouldn't have a clue how to do it. Will find something eventually!

Nice to meet you x

Hi Gothschild

Just pm'd you

biker69