Bexs

Hello Everyone.

Hello just thought i would say a quick hello to you all.

I have 3 children the oldest is 8 and has Aspergers. I live in sunny West Yorkshire.

The forum looks great..Hope to chat soon. :D

Hello just thought i would say a quick hello to you all.

I have 3 children the oldest is 8 and has Aspergers. I live in sunny West Yorkshire.

The forum looks great..Hope to chat soon.

:D

Thank you all for the lovely welcome. I'd would just like to say what a fantastic forum this is, some fantastic advise.

Sorry it was only a short introduction. My oldest son who is 8 was diagnosed 4 months ago with Asperger's. He also has temporal lobe epilepsy ( the Epilepsy was diagnosed first age 5 years. ) Been to see his Epilepsy consultant today, he's decided he wants to try and take him off his medication as he hasn't had many seizures within the last 4 months. Quite worried as he was very much a zombie before he went on the medication. Just wondered if anyone had or knew of anyone who had any experience of weining off epilepsy medication. Been told that Temperal Lobe Epilepsy can just dissapear, is this true??

Thanks again for the lovely welcome, hope to chat soon. :thumbs:

Hi Bexs, and welcome to the forum.

It's quite common for children with epilepsy to "grow out" of it by adulthood. The diagnosis is lifelong, but many adults with epilepsy no longer have seizures. If he starts having seizures again, it is likely he will simply have to go back onto the medication.

Hi Bexs, and welcome to the forum.

It's quite common for children with epilepsy to "grow out" of it by adulthood. The diagnosis is lifelong, but many adults with epilepsy no longer have seizures. If he starts having seizures again, it is likely he will simply have to go back onto the medication.

Thank you for your reply. I understand why they have to do it, as he has had no obvious signs of a seizure for such a long time. I think for me it's just i remember what he was like before he started on medication, i really don't want him to have to suffer that again on top of his AS.. But have been told that if there are any signs of a seizure to ring straight away.

Hello Bex, my son has AS and suffered from seizures for 5 years. He is now nearly 12 and has had no seizures for about 6 years. He used to be medicated with Epilim. I still worry a bit, but its been along time so I'm hopeful. He was fine when being weaned off his medicine in fact he became much more alert as he was quite subdued when on it. I hope all goes well for you and your child x