Sign in to follow this  
bjkmummy

ed psych visit to nursery today - i am soooo nervous

ed psych came to see joe a week ago and now hes gone to the nursery today. im so worried that the ed psych is going to dismiss all of my conerns over joe. he is going with the area senco who has been seeing joe for 2 years - she was responsible for getting joe a placement in a special needs nursery but the placement ended in dec last year when the salt decided that it was unlikely joe has a asd.

joe was seen in the nursery a few weeks ago by another salt - got her report this morning - she wants to discharge him as feels his speech okay now but she did raise concerns about joes interaction with other children and how he prefered solitary play.

im just so stressed about it all. we have a meeting next week with the school joe will start at in sept - if everyone feels hes okay then what do i do??? my friends feel there are issues with joe - they all have asd kids and they can see that joe is different. i did ask the area senco if they wanted to see me after they had seen joe but she said there would be no need and that i would get a report asap. joes nursery have been next to useless they just say that he has no problems there when i have seen with my own eyes that he does. the paed is sitting on the fence until joe has been seen by the ed psych - it seems that the ed psych holds all the power.

as of yet joe has never been formally assessed or as parents have we ever been asked to complete any questionarries on joe - i have done some my self online and to me its clear cut that hes a kid with aspergers. some of my friend are also hinting that they think joe has PDA. joe has an older brother with aspergers.

ALL i can say is keep trying, im fighting the system big time for both dds, older dd school are usless, i can see the differences very easily even her peers say she is weired but yet the school cant see it!

Last yr the pead tried to brainwash me that dd is shy, and the slt team is another battle. I have applied for stat assessment as she is now 7yrs but the school really want the slt team on there side which im now in a good postion as i hid away for a yr back down on all my concerns and let the school carry on, in a good postion as the slt team hasnt seen her for a yr and her social communication skills hasnt been assessed for 2yrs by them, so if they interfere i will complain as they cant judge on something from yrs ago.

Younger dd pead wont see her wont listen to me, she is under a different slt team for 2yrs she is now 4yr she has the exact charalistics of language disorder to her sister the nursery staff are ###### i can see it very clearly but that is only because i know my dd and because i find the school system are not knowledgable in this field. I had a meeting with her senco and i said that dd will only interact with physical play which she replied well that is really postive ( i thought no its not as she is interacting in play which uses no verbal communication) this is going to have a bad inpact on her later on.

All i can say is if you get chance to write to the ed psy before your child is assessed write down indepth on there behaviours with interaction e.g do they do the same thing give off the same body language, eye contact when responding, imagination skills affect there play, do they describe what they done in the day

I learnt alot by asking none stop questions on here which has given me a better understanding.

Start from the beginning of when they were young the way my older dd interacted from 2yrs is the still the same now at 7yrs same as her language development and social communication skills.

I will get the chance i hope that younger dd will be referrd to ed psy next yr and im going to ask to be present and then point out which parts are my concerns, but first my dd is going back to the pead for an asessment as requested by senco which is going to be the biggest fight so far as she is an expect in autism but has got it wrong in our case.

Good luck let us know how it goes xx >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Just like to add the pead has not ask us for a background history, it was only when i applied for stat asessment for older dd that i had to write one (wow) its so obvious my dd has never said hello or goodbye to people, all her routines, obsessions, behaviours,speech and language development, sensory issues etc.. sticks out like a sore thumb no wander the LEA want to go to the panal !!!

You might come to a point where you cant go any further with the professionals, dont give up the truth will come out in the end for some of us. Just takes longer there must be many children turned away from the system for parents not pushing, if i gave up when older dd was 4yrs my parental view would of changed if i had listened to the experts that some children are shy, naughty apart of growing up process when i would face a child with mental health issues later on in life like i did.

Edited by hedders

had the area senco report today which shows that joe was on his best behaviour that day!! although it does conclude that joe does prefer the company of adults and has very little interaction with the other children and this needs to be a target on his next iep - the report full of positives - think i am going to have a battle at the meeting next week!

typical! they are always on their best behaviour at the wrong times. the only way they actually got to see jas having her bad times was because the nursery filmed her a lot, can you film him at home and maybe when you take him in to nursery, just so you can show what happens. the team here couldnt dispute things when they could actually see it happening

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))