Sign in to follow this  
keepingmesane

where can i get timers?

just wondering where i can get some visual timers. ive seen various sand timers on ebay of which i think im going to get the 5 and 15 minute ones, but i would like to find a 30 min timer. has anyone seen them for sale at a not too expensive price?

thanks in advance

hi i bought an egg timer from tesco it looks like a chicken and turns as the minutes decrease the numbers are printed all the way round 60 minutes and a bell rings when it gets to nought,,, best 2 quid i ever spent and my little one thinks its fun cos it's a chicken,,, it has been thrown and pulled apart so many times but it still works !!!!!! if not very good for u then u can try lookin at stuff for people with hearing impairments will be expensive though!!

Anywhere that sells kitchen equipment would probably sell a timer quite cheaply. Most of them seem to go up to an hour, but you don't have to turn it all the way.

thanks, the problem is that neither of mine like the kitchen timer noises, in fact my daughter gets quite upset with it as she loses track and suddenly rings out of the blue, so im looking for the quieter type timer and they like the fact they can see roughly how much time they still have left.

We have the sand timers in various times/colours from brightminds.co.uk - they aren't the cheapest ones, but they have put up with all sorts in this house and garden and are still going strong!

I purchased some time timers from Ed solutions website, I got a clockface time timer which gives a visual perception and the one I love is my Time timer CD ROM which goes on your computer and has different sound alarms, brilliant.

Totally recommend, J is 11 and still doesnt understand the concept of time but now he can see when 10 mins/20 mins are up, the CD rom is the best so far.

Js Mum

Hi there

Bright Minds sell sand timers - go to www.brightminds.co.uk and type timers into the search - for �10. I couldn't see any 30 minute ones though. They also sell a Time Tracker that costs �25 but can be programmed for any time up to 24 hours and gives a visual indication of the amount of time left.

Hope this helps

Emma