Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Been at hospital

What a night! First night alone in ages and drama happens. Gf is away in London at a concert. I had an accident with the frying pan trying to make omelette. Ended up going to A&E was there for 5hrs until the burning stopped. Have 2nd degree burns on my fingers on my left hand and a burn on a finger on right hand. It felt like forever for it to stop burning and it hurts so much. I'm all bandaged up and have left arm in a sling. Tired, hungry and cranky. Need to go to drs tomorrow for dressing change, if can;t get appt will have to go back to hospital to get it done. :tearful:

What a night! First night alone in ages and drama happens. Gf is away in London at a concert. I had an accident with the frying pan trying to make omelette. Ended up going to A&E was there for 5hrs until the burning stopped. Have 2nd degree burns on my fingers on my left hand and a burn on a finger on right hand. It felt like forever for it to stop burning and it hurts so much. I'm all bandaged up and have left arm in a sling. Tired, hungry and cranky. Need to go to drs tomorrow for dressing change, if can;t get appt will have to go back to hospital to get it done. :tearful:

You poor thing. I really hope you manage to get some rest this pm.

love Harmony x >:D<<'>

oh sg it must be painful,even if i get a little burn i cannot stand the pain,hope youve had some rest and not in too much pain >:D<<'>

Ouchey J!!

Did the oil splash up or was it a "grab on hot thing to stop it falling" type accident???

I was cooking omelette and was about to put it on the plate, had hold of the handle and slipped. Hand caught the edge of the pan dropped it on floor and omelette went everywhere! I don't use oil that spits, just a little fry light.

Crikey SG ! what ever next, hope your Ok and that the burns quickly heal.

Clare

Thanks. I'm really clumsy I just can't help it. :rolleyes: Been having a lot of accidents lately. My friend suggested I try to get an appointment with an OT.

I have phases like that J!! though for me its walking into things, tripping over kerbs or general "gyro-failure" when i forget how to stand :lol:

The best one i have is when i get out the car after a drive i tend to stumble like a drunkard :lol: not good considering i dont drink :lol: