Sign in to follow this  
Julieanne

banging buses aaarrgghhhhhhhh

My son has a obsession ( well one of his obsesssions lol) is buses...he bangs them along wondowsills, floors, tables, anythng, it is like he enjoys the noise...it is very draining and it goes right through you!!!

anyone else have a similar thing with their autistic child...it can make you feel so alone when your child is doing tnhis type of thing and it may sound odd but it is sooooo stresssful!!!! :tearful:

not the same thing as buses but steve continually clears his throat very loudly and it sounds so bad,i know its a habit so i dont comment but inside i feel like i want to be sick

Presently jumping on grids and shouting "I like water" at the same time and walking on the painted lines in a car park or a road. Using the car is so much easier than walking!

B has had a number of annoying loud or repetitive things he had done through the years that have really been hard to cope with. Grunting, drumming fingers and items on surfaces, I can't remember them all!

And yet he would get very stressed over the sound of a kettle boiling, or a laptop hum on standby.

Then I met Mumble, >:D<<'>

and saw how she reacted to some of the noises in the world that I found perfectly acceptable and not distressing, and it made me understand a little about how B interacts with the external world differently to me.

And how what to me was an infuriating annoyance was a simple stim to him, and what to me was a background, normal noise was to him unbearable. So now he is encouraged to think of others and do his noisy stuff in his room, or find something else to do. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

not the same thing as buses but steve continually clears his throat very loudly and it sounds so bad,i know its a habit so i dont comment but inside i feel like i want to be sick

Oh my god Hev!!!!! so does my son, Thats really spooky, he has been doing it about 6 months and it turns my stomach! so wierd how alike they are. >:D<<'> Enid