Sign in to follow this  
piskey

transition plan

Hi Im hoping for some advice please

my eldest son is now in year 10 and has an IEP

Ive been told that he should already have a transition plan and should have had it since year9!!

ive looked it up and I can only see referance to the plan for children with a statement.

Can anyone tell me if it only applies to kids with a statement or should my son have one hes presently on school action plus.

thanks for any advice

Hi,

not drawing from experience (my kids are 4! - but we are looking at transition from nursery to reception!) but I would say if you /your son/the school have concerns about the transition then there should be a plan in place irrespective of whether there is statment. I would have said the earlier the better. Don't worry about it now in the holidays. Just ask the school to get one in place when you go back.

Elaine

We had a transition plan for when our eldest transferred from pre-school to Reception. He was on Early Years Action Plus and then School Action Plus. I don't know if it's a different system for secondary schools though. :unsure:

I thought it was only for statemented children, but amongst the info I have read recently, it definitely mentioned that children on SA+ could have one too - contact Connexions.

Karen