Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Clothing

I have a bit of a conundrum, the weather is warming up and I tend to overheat very easily. So far in my life I have been the person that wears coats or jumpers all year round including in the height of summer. I get a lot of headaches because of the heat and sweating, but I need the weight of the clothing there. I can't just wear a tshirt as it isn't heavy enough, it has to cover my arms and all. I'm not really sure what to do as I don't want another summer of headaches. Any ideas? Alternatives? :wacko:

I have a bit of a conundrum, the weather is warming up and I tend to overheat very easily. So far in my life I have been the person that wears coats or jumpers all year round including in the height of summer. I get a lot of headaches because of the heat and sweating, but I need the weight of the clothing there. I can't just wear a tshirt as it isn't heavy enough, it has to cover my arms and all. I'm not really sure what to do as I don't want another summer of headaches. Any ideas? Alternatives? :wacko:

Hi there,

This might be worth a try! If you go into a good habadashary(sp?) shop you should be able to find reels of curtain weights they used to be lead not sure if they are any more! they come on long cord like cotton, you can get diffrent weights but the more weight you require the larger the cord becomes. Anyway maybe you could thread this in the channel at the bottom of a long sleeved t-shirts, light weight trousers any thing really.

Anna

You could try wearing a tight vest under your t-shirt, that might give you the pressure you're looking for? Or a tight t-shirt under a loose, open, cotten shirt?

~ Mel ~

Edited by oxgirl

I was also going to suggest something tight-fitting. You could even wear something like those tubigrip bandages on your arms and/or legs.

I often wear a fitted vest-top under a loose, cotton top. Despite the extra layer, I find I actually feel less hot, because it helps to keep the sun off.

Pale colours will also help to deflect some heat.

Making sure you drink plenty will help. I have a colleague who brings a 2litre bottle of water to work and he has found that he has to drink the lot during his shift. A visual reminder like that can help if you forget to drink.

maybe the thick rugby type tops as they thicker and heavier from a wieght perspective.

Or maybe the extreme approach!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/warr.../SP_A0070-1.jpg

a full kevlar vest :lol: wieghs like 10kg easily and can be strapped up nice a tight. Wont help with the dehydration though unless you strap a camelback hydration system to it.

maybe the thick rugby type tops as they thicker and heavier from a wieght perspective.

Or maybe the extreme approach!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/warr.../SP_A0070-1.jpg

a full kevlar vest :lol: wieghs like 10kg easily and can be strapped up nice a tight. Wont help with the dehydration though unless you strap a camelback hydration system to it.

hahaha! My best man offered me one the other day. My coat weighs about half that.

I started off like that then moved onto heavy cotton shirts, then to lighter ones then to rolling up the sleeves...

There's much greater control over how smart or casual it looks too, than with jumpers.

Whats the main reasons you wear a coat in summer?

JsMum

I have to be able to feel the weight of the material. It is comforting to be able to feel it there, like a giant hug without a person. :whistle: I've always done it to the amusement of my family.

Hi ScienceGeek,

Could you maybe get away witha long sleeved t-shirt and a padded body warmer? It will be a bit more airy but still quite snug around your body.

gothschild