hev

do you check your till receipts?

im bit obsessed with checking mine but the times ive been charged too much or not get the buy one get one free is unvelievable :o

the reason im asking is cos i went shopping with nick and they charged me for 2 lots of milk and i only got one :o so it was 54p extra i had to pay,nick couldnt believe i went to customer services after we had nearly got home,i just think its the principle of it,then again i wouldnt go back if they didnt charge me enough i spose!!anyway i got my 54p back :thumbs:

do you check yours?

Not often, but amazing when I have how often the bogof is not right at local S***! Maybe I will make it my misson :thumbs: Enid

im bit obsessed with checking mine but the times ive been charged too much or not get the buy one get one free is unvelievable

I always check mine. And if I'm up to speaking I complain. If I'm not I remember the next time I'm at that branch, buy the article again and complain if its wrong the second time. In my store the problem is usually a price disprency between displayed and the till.

We often check it as I normally calculate the price of our shopping in my head as we go around. If there is any difference between that and what the till says I bring it up, unless the amount is less than I thought then I say nothing. :whistle: I'm almost always right with a few pence for human error either side. I check through the receipt and if something like a bogof hasn't come off properly or I've been over charged for something then I complain and get my money back. Time consuming as it is the biggest amount I have had to claim back was �15.75

I normally buy a little bit every day, because I work in a supermarket, and so it's fairly easy to check. I don't bother if I do a big, weekly shop though, as it takes too much time.

It is an offence for shops to sell something for more than the advertised price. You have every right to complain. You should not mention it if you are under-charged. The shop wouldn't try to contact you if they suspected they'd overcharged you and you hadn't realised.

I accidentally stole a smoothie the other day. I was using the self-scanning, and I didn't realise it hadn't scanned. I thought my shopping was cheaper than I expected, and when I got home I checked the receipt and found out why. The smoothie was horrible, so I don't feel bad about it.

Im too honest for my own good sometimes. If i notice getting too much change i point it out without thinking. On the opposite side if im ripped off with offers not showing on till or overcharging, i notice it but i lack the confidence or self worth to speak up. I tend to view that i dont deserve offers or discounts.

I don't usually check mine unless the total seems higher than expected. Alas it's often higher than expected, but usually correct - food prices are definitely going up.

The most common errors I've noticed are 2 for 1 offers not registering.

I usually go and get my money back unless I'm in a hurry or can't be bothered.

K x

My mother in law once went back inside to say she'd just found a packet of washing powder perched under her trolley and she'd forgotten to pay for it. They told her not to worry about it, and she still feels guilty about it, years later!

i might try that with a portable telly or dvd player!!wonder if they would say i could keep it :lol: