Sign in to follow this  
karin

re:twins

hi all karin here have not posted much to this forum just been reading all the e-mails to get a feel around great site recommend it to friends i just thought id let u know me an hubby have to see the twins specailist in 2 weeks wants long meeting with us bout 1 1/2 hours is this normal wants to know bout twins and how their condition affects family/school life as im new to this is it normal? has any other parents went through this please let me know would love to here from u also can i ask 1 last thing does a school not get any special funding for having 2 kids with adhd can anyone help? waffled enough hope to here from u all soon but remember keep :) karin x

>>does a school not get any special funding for having 2 kids with adhd can anyone help?

the school gets funding for children with SEN - how much depends on a lot of things, but is generally not a lot.

Unless the school is very small, the school will have far more than 2 children with ADHD, so please do not let them make you feel guilty for having two of them. Both children are entitled to have their needs met, just as if they were only children.

Karen

(also a mother of Twins!)

hi karen this is karin thanks for your reply nice to know there are other mothers with twins are yours girls or boys? it is a very small school they have to merge infants with juniors to become a primary in sept 05 as there is only bout 250 pupils how do i have to go about getting the necessary funding for them would like to know more about it thanks for the reply once again bye for now keep smilng karin

I have three boys - T is 15 and has aspergers, M and R are 12 and R has aspects of aspergers.

It is not up to you to get the funding - it is up to the school. The school must meet the needs of your children - where they get the money from is up to them and the LEA. Schools are given money to cater for any children who have special needs (admitedly not a lot, but that's not our fault).

Karen

Hi Karin,

It's worth making lots of notes about day-to-day life with the twins. It's amazing just how much seems to get forgotten once you walk into an appointment. :wub:

Yes, it's the school who should be dealing with the funding issue and using the resources they have in order to help the twins.

Best of luck with it all. :)

hi jericho thanks for the advice have been making day to day notes bout the twins dont think the school will get much funding as there is only bout 250 pupils in infants and juniors but may get more funding if the twins are dx as aspergers thanks again for the advice and keep :) luv karin

In most counties, having a diagnosis does not affect the funding, as the funding is based on the child's needs (which are the same whether they have a diagnosis or not - though a diagnosis may help to clarify the needs). The school must meet your children's needs now - not say: we will if they get a diagnosis.

If you tell us which county you are in, someone may now about how the SEN funding works in your county.

Karen

hi kazzen161 sorry thought you said which country under pressure had kids with us for nearly 2 weeks i live in northamptonshire thanks for advice keep smilin luv karin xx