Sign in to follow this  
Flora

ASDAN courses

Bill came home from school with some information saying he was doing the ASDAN courses. They appear to be similar-ish to the Duke of Edinburgh awards but more adapted to the person than the DofE.

Has anyone got any experience of ASDAN?

Flo'

Google them, there's a website with lots of information.

B's school offers them too, and the content looks good, varied and useful.

ASDAN

ASDAN ofefers qualifications ands awards. it depensd what he/you want out of it. only asdan qualigfications are intergrated within the national qualigficiations framework (so he coulds use the credits for access to other things). i know someone rseaerching this in relation to sen if you need mroe info.

I did not do an ASDAN course at Secondary school, however it was offered to all of us in the year and it looks an impressive package. Personally I didnt want to do too much extra - I had already signed up to some different optional courses.

Having an ASDAN qualification may also influence your higher education and/or employment potential.

Having an ASDAN qualification may also influence your higher education and/or employment potential.

Do mean a negative or a postive influence???

Flo'

ASDAN is building up a profile of what they do such as doing some tournaments, religious assemblies.

there are 3 different awards one is being bronze which is doing 1 lot of work for each section, silver challenge is doing double the amount of work for each of section and gold but that is mainly to do with key skills.

it really depends on what doing, if its life skills they work towardthe asdan entry level life skills in bronze/silver award.

i got my asdan folder somewhere, but i got the silver challenge.

hope u can understand what im saying because i took the asdan .

basically its good achievement to put on CV.

Thanks for the infor. I'm still not sure what he's doing as such, but have been told it will count as a GCSE....!? He does a lot of presentations in their assembly (certainly not of a religious content... Unless Sonic and Mario have become a religion... and for Bill I think maybe they already are :hypno:

Flora :)

Thanks for the infor. I'm still not sure what he's doing as such, but have been told it will count as a GCSE....!? He does a lot of presentations in their assembly (certainly not of a religious content... Unless Sonic and Mario have become a religion... and for Bill I think maybe they already are :hypno:

Flora :)

then that would be clast as a key skill certificate depends though . ASDAN: do all sorts, from environmental, expressive arts, religions all that i took that well in life skills though.

there is a website if u want to look on ASDAN that should give u more info. if u have any questions they may be able to help u.

when i went to one college they never gave me any of my certificates and i contacted btec edexcel and u know what they were going to charge me for something i never received.

We did the ASDAN Transition Challenge with a group of kids and it was brilliant. Really easily tailored to each of them and their individual needs..

Flora,

I am at a school and I am doing lower one from asdan mine is called cope it is very easy and I enjoy it im sure bill will enjoy it.

Meggzie