Sign in to follow this  
bluefish

Amended proposed statement

Hi well it has just arrived and is indeed VERY different than the first one.

Part two now has EVERYTHING I asked for that thay had missed out. It is clear and specified. :thumbs:

They have now offered 12 1/2 per week. Which I am very dissapointed with BUT its double what they first offered.

I am going to ask school for a meeting to see what they think they can offer before I go back to the LEA.

anyway thought I wouuld update you all

x

Steps in the right direction, but as Julie said, don't give up until you're satisfied.

Flo' :)

Steps in the right direction, but as Julie said, don't give up until you're satisfied.

Flo' :)

yeh, don't just capitulate because they've made a bit of an improvement. Don't give until satisfied!

Lizzie xx

Hi BF its great news in a small way thay they agree he requires more hours, and that they are following the spersific, and quatified, but is it going to meet his special educational needs, 12 and half hours is like have support for less that part time, if you have evidence to prove he " needs " full time support then do not sign, if needs be go to Appeal.

It has to be right, and meets his special educational needs.

JsMum

Hi BF its great news in a small way thay they agree he requires more hours, and that they are following the spersific, and quatified, but is it going to meet his special educational needs, 12 and half hours is like having support for less than part time, if you have evidence to prove he " needs " full time support then do not sign, if needs be go to Appeal.

It has to be right, and meets his special educational needs.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

Hi, met with senco breifly yesterday to talk about ammended statement.He seemed totally disinteresred! I expexted him to not only be pleased with what I had acheived but have some sort of opinion and knowledge of what school will be able to provide in terms of support.

I offered him a copy of the statement and his response was "I am sure one will find it's way to me" He made me feel stupid. Surley the Senco is supposed to be interested?????????

I have left a message for the HT to call this morning so I can disscuss it with her, I need to meet with the lea and was hoping school might have some imput......

So far I have done everything myself. I think I am going to complain about Senco to HT as he seems to have very little knowledge of statement prosses and seems to see me as an irritation

Hi, met with senco breifly yesterday to talk about ammended statement.He seemed totally disinteresred! I expexted him to not only be pleased with what I had acheived but have some sort of opinion and knowledge of what school will be able to provide in terms of support.

I offered him a copy of the statement and his response was "I am sure one will find it's way to me" He made me feel stupid. Surley the Senco is supposed to be interested?????????

I have left a message for the HT to call this morning so I can disscuss it with her, I need to meet with the lea and was hoping school might have some imput......

So far I have done everything myself. I think I am going to complain about Senco to HT as he seems to have very little knowledge of statement prosses and seems to see me as an irritation

Its so demovitvatin when a school doesnt take interest in their sen pupils, some schools have great sencos and others they dont, I think it depends if the school ring fences the sen budget, I know too well the disintrested senco, and how they make us feel stupid, I have had to do all the leg work too, photocoping, evidence, reports, read COP, get more research on SENs and ring ACE/NETWORK 81 and get further support, its time consuming and for anyone going throw this process at time demoralising, this is particullay when some schools can start to get like captus plants.

I would write a letter to LEA/Senco and HT to request a meeting before end of this month (June) to discuss the statement, if your still disattisfied then appeal to SENDIST.

Keep all letters as this is evidence that you have tried to work with the LEA/SCHOOl if nothing is sorted out and it goes to Tribunal, let them drag there heels but at the end of the day, I dont think your going to let them ignore you.

Your son deserves an education that meets his SEN, which in your parental view is Full time Support/statement.

JsMum

Hi, I managed to get them to agree 15hrs. The statement now says everything it should. The support that school has to provide from it's resorses is clearly laid out.

I have very mixed feelings. I am delighted with what I have acheived as this will mean 3hrs a day 1-1

But am sad I setteled for less than I wanted.

I think I could have got more but It would have gone on and on and I felt I wanted to make sure his help was in place by september.

Not sure what I will do with my evenings now I am not studying the code of practice :lol:

THAKYOU for all help advice and support :notworthy::notworthy: