Flora

letting go

Ben has been practising for ages being independent; walking down to post a letter, going to the village shop to buy sweets etc, and once or twice with a neighbour's boys he's been round the corner to the little park for half an hour. Today he's got changed from his uniform into his jeans and is walking down a road and a lane to go to the sports ground at the other end of the village. He's meeting his 'friends' (boys in his class who aren't his regular play mates) there and they are going to play with their crazy bones for an hour or so. I'm terrified that he gets bullied; all my protective instincts came bubbling out as I watched him walk down the street, with his draw string bag of crazy bones, his lanky legs and skinny shoulders looking so vulnerable :tearful: The one boy he made the arrangements with has just also invited Ben to his birthday party in a couple of weeks time, so I don't think he's 'tricking' him but you do worry don't you? A few years ago this lad was a right little wotsit, I'm just praying he's a bit nicer as he's got older :pray:

sorry if the above is incoherent, I'm typing this in a bit of a panic!!!

aaaaaaaaah

Flo' :tearful:

Awww...I am sure he will be fine!! Mum is constently worrying about me going out and trying new things with different people. But, then she worrys that I am not trying new things hehe Parents are soo confussing! :rolleyes:

Simon, that's a good idea but he'd probably see me. I've just spoke to the other boy's mum, they live opposite the rec, so she said she will be popping out to check on them every so often. I will give it an hour and go down there to see how it's going. I can't really rush off because Bill got dropped off and he's hungry! :lol: I've also got my dd due in at 4.30 and she' bringing a friend for tea before they go off to the youth club. :hypno:

Crikey I'm all flustered!

Flo' x

Hi Kathryn,

It went really well :thumbs: I was just about to leave the house to go and get him when he appeared home. The boy he'd gone to meet has a twin sister and their mum sent them both with him so he didn't have to walk back alone :D . They stayed and played for a bit and were really lovely. He made lots of swops with his crazy bones collection and is in a fab mood. I'm feeling really pleased and proud, because I always feel bad that kids don't play out these days like we used to. We live in a village and I was hoping the day wouldn't be too far off when he would start venturing out and about with other kids and now he has I hope he (and I) have gained some confidence and it will be the first of many.

Flora :D

YAY! WELL DONE BEN!

'Tis all very worrisome, isn't it? Got similar sterf going on here, so know exactly how you're feeling.

glad it went well :thumbs::thumbs:

Phew! Glad to hear it went so well. :thumbs:

I hope your stress levels have returned to normal now. :)>:D<<'>

K x

Edited by Kathryn

My DS went out to play in the corner park tonight, I went out about 15mins later, under the guise of posting letters, and he was coming down the close on his scooter being chased by 6/7 other kids who were throwing grass at him, he was crying really loudly, they all ran when they saw me. He said he hadnt done anything and they all ganged up on him but have on idea what the true story is, we also live in a village and I know all the kids involved, they are a nice lot, so not going to make too much of it till I see how it pans out. Heigh ho

Im so glad it went well-im dreading that day with my lad il be a gibbering wreck.