Sign in to follow this  
bjkmummy

Arise Sir Ector

Ben has been going to knight school for the last 6 weeks.Been a bit of a struggle for him with the social side and other aspects such as having to learn a speech etc but the staff were really patient with him. I did at one stage have some doubts about it but decided to let him continue to go.

Knight school teaches kids manners and respect and things like that

Today i took Ben to Oakham castle where the ceremony was due to take place. He had to kneel before the lord lieutenant and he then did the old sword on the shoulder bit,. Ben was so anxious about it that me and the staff were really worried about him coping with it as there were so many people there plus the strange place of the castle etc. Ben did the knighting perfectly and turn round and said his speech perfectly. I was so proud thought i would burst!!!!

Sadly dad couldnt be there today cos hes on guard :wallbash:

Then after all the kids were knighted - they receive a wooden sword and shield plus a knight tabard they gave out the awards and ben won one!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

There was not a dry eye in the members of the staff - he won the award for the best effort :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I cant tell you how proud i am of him - he got a special shield as well - his self confidence has now hit the roof and he wants to take it into school tomorrow for show and tell :groupwave:

Edited by bjkmummy

Wow! your very own Knight in shining armour! :thumbs::thumbs:

Well done, SIR Ben :notworthy::notworthy:

Reminded me of when I was little... we used to play 'Camelot', riding around on the neighbourhood mutts with broom handles for jousting lances....

Being the youngest i always ended up with Ena Hollomby's sausage dog...

"Oh come on - you wouldn't send a Knight out on a dog like this..."

IJGMC...........

:D

Well done, make sure he does bring it into school, as sometimes they dont seem to get many awards at school, well not my son :tearful: so it will be a real boost for him, well done that boy :thumbs: Enid