Sign in to follow this  
bikemad

What a blinking day!!!!!

Not had a good day today. Ds woke hyper cos he was going to a party at 3pm n so has been bouncing off walls and in another place etc all day then when we got there to the party after 5mins he was uptight n wanting to go home but also never stayed still n kept chasing round after my sisters kid convinced he would get hurt by the lights in the disco (?). I told him, my sister told him and my mil told him umpteen times leave the baby play (18mths) but it was just not sinking in at all. Anyways he ate some food-well half a dozen hot dog sausages but was crying his eyes out immediately after asking to leave cos of the noise n crowds (id tried to leave 3 times before this with him mind but he just disappeared as I was trying to get everything organized to leave) so we left-dropped my sister home n asked my lad to open his door instead he opened the babies door right onto the main road. Anyways got home n well he was still in lala land and has now started with vocal tics and chewing his clothes again. Im desperate to get him to bed but he is just bouncing off walls at the mo-can see it l be a long night!!!!!

birthday parties have always been a huge stress for us too, my boy always liked the idea of them, but could,nt actually ever cope with them.

After yesterday me n my lad have decided parties of that type are best just avoided. Took till 11pm for him to finally calm down n drop off. He aint a happy bunny today either cos he has the occupational therapist later. This morning his sole topic of convo was the fact he was worried about my little nephew cos he didnt have a balloon from the party!!

Dont get me wrong I love him to death n would do anything for him but now n again it all gets on top of me n im just ready to collapse in a heap.

A well another day to crack on with lol. ;)

we dont go to parties anymore whch is sad i know but he cant cope with the noise and is screaming,,so its easier now to give them a miss and for him to be a little bit sad at missing out,rather than in tears and covering his ears constantly,,,,,i wish it was easier!!!!!!!!!!!

we dont go to parties anymore whch is sad i know but he cant cope with the noise and is screaming,,so its easier now to give them a miss and for him to be a little bit sad at missing out,rather than in tears and covering his ears constantly,,,,,i wish it was easier!!!!!!!!!!!

That pretty much described him yesterday-ears covered even with his hearing aids out n crying-poor mite at one point he went to check on the little one while crying. Asked him why he was constantly checking the little one n he said well its like im being a babysitter then n I want to babysit-had to explain he is way too little to babysit n needs to think bout him not how the baby is(the baby's mam was there as it was lol).

I just wish they wouldn't give out party bags, they cause so much trouble here. Even if he hasn't been to a party and his sisters have they cause trouble with him! Places like those giant indoor play areas make them wear long sleaves too ............................ please no not long sleaves :lol: I hate parties.

bonfire nite used to be awful, he could only watch fireworks through the closed window!!!!last nov was the first time eva he went to a display,,,,we had a pair of ear defenders and put a hat on over the top so he didnt look any different,,,,oh the joy on his face,,priceless. was lovely,,,,,,he was still jumpin a little with the vibration of the bigger bangs but he really enjoyed,,,, the ear defenders are a joy and will be used everyear from now on,,only wish we had thought of using them before!!!!!!!!!!

O god my lad is like that he is petrified of fireworks n hides cos they are so noisy-we thought it was just cos he has funny hearing but im thinking now it is prob due to the aspergers.

The softplay centres my lad dont like the fact he has shoes off but socks on if that makes sense.

yep i know,,,,,,do u know what is mad? ur boy sounds so much like mine innit,,,,,,even though he has no dx,,i think he has as they say he dont tick the boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yet the paed thinks with the sensory probs there is something there????? discharged from child and family now!!! but the paed has him back every 6 months,,,,child and family psych disagreed any sensory probs til i gave her a copy of his sensory profile!!!!!!!!!!!silly woman,,,,,,,he seems to be getting worse as he gets older so time will tell,,,,teacher says he is strugglin a bit now so god help him in year 2 !!! and course he hasnt a statement so they wont help him either,,,,,,u need the dx for that,it makes me soooo mad,,,,,,

What hospital is he under is it the ***? Only asking cos they messed up my lads birth n apparently quite a few of his problems stem from that :wallbash: Mind you ive had to fight for my lad to be seen since he was about 3 here under the *** health authority-they just said he was awkward n naughty-turns out they were wrong errrr no surprise there I knew that years ago lol.

Edited by baddad
specific references to HA/Hospital deleted in line with forum rules

yes *** child and family,, they told me that cos i work in autism i am lookin for it???????? he is also under paeds there who have been really good,,they have referred for all o/t salt and so on if it wasnt for her he wouldnt have had his sensory profile done,,cos child and fam told us nothing wrong with him,,,she said is behaviour is normal??????? i cant understand that cos if it is normal the why did we have to have sure start to come to the house for 6 months???? for behavioural therapy,,,,the psych that was in child and fam comes down from royal glam for assessments!!!!! just dont get it? they sat blaine in a room for 30 mins on 2 occasions and said look at him theres nothing wrong with him oh and he does have eye contact so he hasnt got aspergers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! muppets,,,,whatever happened to individuality? no 2 kids are the same but cos he is not txt book no dx!!!!!!!

Edited by baddad

O thats ridiculous-noone wants their child to have autism so you wouldnt set out too look for it!!!! The peads there were good with ds cos he was under them ages cos of his birth but didnt meet the child n family peeps. It does my head in how they feel after 2 30min appointments with a kid they can decide they know him well enough to decide whats right or wrong etc.

i know and it makes me mad,,i'm no expert but i can see traits in him that i see everyday at work but time will tell i suppose,,cos they dont want to listen to me and i was told that they wont commit to dx as is not prominent enough cos he is so young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep pushing-they told me there was nowt wrong with my ds when I asked them at age 3 they said he was just odd n naughty-he is not naughty in the way most kids are if you know what I mean-knew he was different but it took from age 3 till now age 8 to actually get them to finally admit ooooops yeah he does have problems. >:D<<'>

yeah i will,,it could be a long time but the at least he will get the right support,,,well not in the school he is in now!!!!!!!!! after tmrw i will be deciding if i will change schools with him after the awful way he was treated when he had a bump there at xmas,,i should have health and safety investigation reports tmrw and i already know the school have lied and tried to cover it up,,but will see what the report says ,,i know it is gonna be full of lies cos he has told me there are big discrepancies in what they told him verbally and what has been written on witness forms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will then be on fone to solicitor,,,so will no doubt be on one tmrw and will be ranting all night,cos i aint home from work till 4 ish,,,,,,,watch this space peeps,,,,,,,,,,

BLimey, definately keep pushing. My boy is in year 3 and its only since he started the year that they have finnaly listened, he is one of the oldest in the class and certainly doesn't act that way.. His behaviour in September was terrible at school because he just didn't cope with changing class even though he was with his freinds. His teacher said he was in perpetual motion and was just walking out of class and being found in the loo playing with cars and lego men. Ive had worries since his birth, he never slept, cried a lot, was only happy when in motion blah blah you know. The health visitor was listening and had concerns especially when she saw how he behaved once I had the twins. Pre school were worried too and even introduced PEC charts tere but said I had to see the doctors about it who of course told me I was over protective and paraniod!

I think boys do take longer to settle into school than girls which MAY be why things don't start to happen untill most boys of their age start quietening down - trying to be understanding here :unsure: Mums really do know best though so keep plodding along with it all. The very best thing I did was to keep a diary of events, everything he did that was odd, naughty, meltdowns over nothing etc I recorded in a word document. I went into detail so they could see the build up to the behaviour. That was what got a lady from the Communication Interaction Team in to observe him for 2 hours and sheshe he had a very obvious Social and Communication disorder. I then got the referal to CHAMs which I had to push and push to get. The GP couldn't see the problem because they just aren't around the child enough when they are acting naturally I feel.

Anyway waffling..........

yeah i will,,it could be a long time but the at least he will get the right support,,,well not in the school he is in now!!!!!!!!! after tmrw i will be deciding if i will change schools with him after the awful way he was treated when he had a bump there at xmas,,i should have health and safety investigation reports tmrw and i already know the school have lied and tried to cover it up,,but will see what the report says ,,i know it is gonna be full of lies cos he has told me there are big discrepancies in what they told him verbally and what has been written on witness forms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will then be on fone to solicitor,,,so will no doubt be on one tmrw and will be ranting all night,cos i aint home from work till 4 ish,,,,,,,watch this space peeps,,,,,,,,,,

What school does he go to? My nephew is in *** n I know my sister dont like that school at all. Let us know what the report says etc wont you.

Now Sooze2 I know that well but hadn't thought it could have been to do with his illness tbh-Sept thru to pretty much November every year is horrendous-battles to even get to school nightmare in school and nightmare all evening.

I realy like that idea of a word document-might do that cos got a 2nd appointment in 2 weeks with cahms psychologist.

Edited by baddad
specific reference to school deleted in line with forum guidelines

had the report !!! wat a load of ****,,,,, have rung solicitor she wants a copy and then will go from there,,,,,,,,,,, yes he is in *** ,,,,,,,,, i call the head *** ha ha the one from the film matilda,,,,,rite orrible woman,,,me and her dont see eye to eye anymore i wonder why innit,,,,tell your sister from now on we should be well informed if the kids have accident in school she should have info sent home bout it,,,,, cos i complained to hse,,,bout policy ad procedure following accidents,,,,,so some good should come from it all i hope ?????????????? jo

Edited by baddad
specific school references deleted in line with forum rues

Hi people. :)

You can use the pm system to swap names and specific details, rather than on the open forum.

I'm sure that one of the mods will be along soon to clarify the position on using actual names of establishments and individuals.

Hi people. :)

You can use the pm system to swap names and specific details, rather than on the open forum.

I'm sure that one of the mods will be along soon to clarify the position on using actual names of establishments and individuals.

Hi guys - Bards absolutely right. Naming schools/lea's/ etc is not allowed on the open forum. Information like that can be freely shared via the PM system.

Guidelines and rules

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

are at the top of the boards if you are unsure of anything else.

:D

Jo my sister dont like the head either infact she dont like much about the school at all tbh. My nephew is 6 next month so would that be reception or yr1-is it the same there as here? Hope your solicitor can get something sorted re the report.

Now Sooze2 I know that well but hadn't thought it could have been to do with his illness tbh-Sept thru to pretty much November every year is horrendous-battles to even get to school nightmare in school and nightmare all evening.

Yep, DS is terrible too. You can guarantee that he's going to be hard work from the beginning of June til they break up from school for summer, then from September til end of October the same but worse because that time includes his birthday and mine and his sisters too which he can't handle. Then after the half term he goes off on one again because the school have started the run up to Christmas which should be a happy time but he can't handle it. Then EAster come along...... I always have to check myself because I forget that he's being a pain for a reason (albeit irrational in our eyes) and start getting really strict with him forgetting that it's his BAD time of year. The teacher is preparing him for year 4 now and he told me that she let him know who is going into his class and what teacher he is having etc already - I didn't know this but they are now being very very understanding.

By the way the diary I printed out for people to see is a mamouth long document and I was quite embarrassed about showing it to them because I thought I was being a bit OTT but they said it really helped.

Yep, DS is terrible too. You can guarantee that he's going to be hard work from the beginning of June til they break up from school for summer, then from September til end of October the same but worse because that time includes his birthday and mine and his sisters too which he can't handle. Then after the half term he goes off on one again because the school have started the run up to Christmas which should be a happy time but he can't handle it. Then Easter come along...... I always have to check myself because I forget that he's being a pain for a reason (albeit irrational in our eyes) and start getting really strict with him forgetting that it's his BAD time of year. The teacher is preparing him for year 4 now and he told me that she let him know who is going into his class and what teacher he is having etc already - I didn't know this but they are now being very very understanding.

By the way the diary I printed out for people to see is a mammoth long document and I was quite embarrassed about showing it to them because I thought I was being a bit OTT but they said it really helped.

That sounds so much like ds-id never thought but it explains a lot. Im trying to find out who his teacher is next year cos he likes to know before school breaks for summer but at mo noone seems to bleeding know-grgh teachers!!!!!!