Sooze2

Saying hello at last

Hello everyone. I was lurking on here for a long time, wanted to introduce myself but didn't know what to write and then got carried away once I started replying to posts and forgot to say hello!

I have 3 children, an 8 year old boy and 5 year old twins. My boy is currently waiting to see a consultant (in a few months they say) to be diagnosed with Aspergers Sydrome and possibly ADHD. The lady at CHAMs and another child expert are sure that is what he has after observing him at school etc.

The more I read about Aspergers the more I see it in my husband too, he agrees too. DS's teacher had to do a summory of problems they have with him at school and DH went quiet after reading it saying "they could be writting about me!" He has no empathy and when I feel pain or upset or even sit crying infront of him he never notices or responds. At the first CHAMs meeting for DS my husband said he suddenly realised he had spent an hour staring out of the window fiddling with a peice of thread on his shoe and had missed nearly all of the meeting!! He's a great source of support as you can tell :wallbash: so finding you is a life line for me for sure.

This looks like a great supportive site and I have enjoyed reading all your posts. I do have a habit of waffling so excuse me if my posts are too long and rambling in the future.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Yes youre very welcome, its a life and sanity saver at times, trouble it stops me going to bed, :rolleyes: so hello, goodbye and goodnight >:D<<'> Enid

Welcome Sooze2 nice to meet you, it must of been a big reliefe for your husband to know that there could be a name and a reason to why he feels the way he does, it could be that he may have it with your son having AS, a friend I know has a grandson with ADHD and AS after his diagnosis she is sure her husband has AS because she only really got to understand what AS was after her gs was diagnosed, a really good book for your husband to buy would be the Tony Attwood Aspergers Syndrome. it has a spiral picture on the cover.

Its really nice to meet you, see you around.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

Yes I have that Tony Attwood book and a couple of others (avid reader/reasercher me!). DH doesn't read, he can but just doesnt ever read sometimes I read to him about things but he's going through a erm silent/moody phase at the moment so I can't be bothered with it. I have a feeling me mentioning him being like DS is giving him an excuse to be an ignorant so and so :angry:

Hi and welcome! We have a similar set up, I have Nicholas (well he's 7 not 8) but I also have 5 yr old twin daughters! There's never a dull moment in our household that's for sure!

Sure you'll get lots of support and advice on this wonderful forum.

All the best, Sarah x