BuntyB

holiday places

I am wanting to arrange a family holiday but we can't go more than a couple of hours drive. i wonder if anyone has found somewhere quiet with good outdoor play space for larger children/teens. I always think it's a shame they don't get to burn off energy as swings and slides etc are generally provided for tinies. a zip wire or similar would be good, but we can't go to big centres; they don't do people!

I am hoping someone's been self catering where they have a fantastic garden and can recommend :notworthy:

I have to recommend Centrepartks for the teens, there is zip wires and highropes, there is parks and the log cabins come with own barbiecue.

The other is Family PGL an activity holiday they have them all over britian, then there is butlins, too but we didnt like it there, the best we have enjoyed is centre parks, a good all rounder.

JsMum

Hi

Have you considered Sunparks in Belgium? We have been going for years now, much cheaper than Centreparcs, more to do in the area, huge stretches of sand, tram rides along the whole coastline, loads to do on site, something for all ages.

Stella

Hi

Have you considered Sunparks in Belgium? We have been going for years now, much cheaper than Centreparcs, more to do in the area, huge stretches of sand, tram rides along the whole coastline, loads to do on site, something for all ages.

Stella

no, we could'nt consider getting all of them to Belgium!! getting them a couple of hours down the road in the car is hard enough and we can't do resorts either because there will be other people there.

We do Haven holidays in a caravan, we have one right on the edge of the site so we can walk the dog and it means we are not in the thick of things, there are loads of activites for older teens BUT it does get crowded depending on when you go. Enid

We cant do 'parks' as such as ds hates them so we have a tent with all the mod cons n household luxuries lol-elec hookup, blow up beds so ds is off the floor etc and we found a perfect campsite in Mid/West Wales in Ceridigion-family friendly never over busy 20mins walk to beach thru fields with wild badgers etc-its the 1st place we have been that my son has loved n loves to go back to.

We do the camping thing too! I've got to say it's fab for my kids. DS just spends hours and hours being in open air, where his sensory issues are hardly evident and he becomes so happy it's untrue. I've got to say we've just upgraded to a small, old caravan (done tents for years) and it's even more fab. We have our own home which he's used to (and retreats to at home!) and we pick small quiet campsites in very beautiful places. Of course, it takes a phenomenal amount of preparation -talking about the campsite/route and using any visuals we can get hold of before we go. Our favourite places are the Lakes and Scotland, but we can reach either in about 2 hours. I'd highly recommend trying to borrow or hire equipment before you buy.

Sue

We've done the lakes for years. we went to a log cabin with adventure playground nearby and it was totally perfect when the children were smaller, however, Tom is over 6 foot tall and we need 4 bedrooms, so we've outgrown the cabin. We can only manage a rented house as it's hard enough to squeeze all ouf family and the dog and assorted bags without having to take tents and camping equipment too!

I just hoped someone had rented somewhere with an amazing garden with a zip wire, big climbing frame, swimming pool or similar.

I too would recommend Center Parcs, I know its full of peeps but you can be in your own little world in your lodge & pick your activities carefully. JP loves it cos its so predictable.