Sign in to follow this  
bikemad

Apointment today....

Been waiting ages for this one-we were there 3.30pm til 5.30pm n ive never seen so many tests in my life lol. She agrees with the fact my ds has aspergers and he also has 'bendy fingers' and 'bendy elbows' so has a ton of exercise to do using this weird putty stuff. He also has 'sensory avoidance disorder' so she is sending me a ton of info and exercises to do for that. She is hoping to get out for a house visit in about 3weeks aswell.

hi again blaine is going to be assessed nxt time with paed for hypermobility syndrome cos i have it,,mam has it and my eldest son has it,,, i can bend my arms into funny angles and so on but i knew this when i was younger cos my shoulders pop out,,without pain!!!!!!!! blaine has aching legs all time but gp passed it off as growing pains!!!!paed said she will look at him ,,,,we went to o/t but cos they werent lookin for it or assessing for it then they didnt really notice,,,,they were only assessing sensory dysfunction sooooo,,,we will see jo

We're still waiting for an OT appointment. It's been well over a year now. My son has lots of sensory and avoidance issues, possibly dyspraxia. We really need an assessment.

Sue

hi sue we waited for roughly 6 months for o/t app it is a pain but worth it,,,the appointment took 2 and half hours and was very interesting,,and very informative as they picked up on things i hadnt noticed!!! he has lots of sensory issues and we thought he was just bit hyper but o/t said that he seeks out certain movement and sensations,,, this is why he skids across floors all the time and also bounces off everything!!!! psych says he hasnt got adhd? at times i would disagree cos he is like a whirlwind,,and they are noticing more at school now aswell,,,, teacher says he is getting really boisterous????

My four year old is also bendy and have been told that I need to get him to sit without bending his legs as he will develop bad hips ect..

He also can make a circle shape out of his middle finger and fore finger by placing his middle finger on top of his fore finger and the joint in his fore finger bends the opposite direction to which it should...urghh

Thought I'd drop in a bit of advice from my kind-of sister-in-law... She's a paediatric podiatrist, and works a lot with kids on the spectrum- lots of referrals in Fife, she said! However, this is a more general bit of advice, for anyone with littl'uns. Don't let them sit in that 'W' shape, where they're kneeling but with their legs bent backwards and out to the sides-you know what I mean? I can almost do it, but it hurts!! Its not good for your hips at all, and can exacerbate problems.....I'll ask if she has any advice regarding hypermobility, when I see her next though, and she should have some as she's hypermobile herself!!

Esther x

I had to wait 6mths before ds got seen-she said they are gridlocked atm. They also picked up on stuff id not noticed too.

Told the head bout what had been said n bout the little exercises he has to do in school n today he came home n said they didn't let him do them-10mins after the O/T rung so she is ringing them tomorrow.

Had my appointments for cahms(sp) thru today well 2nd appointment he wil have had with this bloke the psychologist he is.