Flora

Parent/teacher interview

I had Ben's parent/teacher interview today.

They haven't had the SATs results yet (on account that someone in their wisdom has decided that some american company will mark them!!!!), but his teacher assessed him as: Literacy a strong 3 or a 'fingers crossed 4' on a good day; science 3; maths he was disapplied from but teacher assessed as a 2. So not exactly flying, but for a boy who was non-verbal until he was 4, and didn't master the english language until he was at least 7 or 8 it's not bad at all!

He is flagged for transition as mild dyslexia and severe dyscalculia. They've had a maths teacher from the secondary school over to see him and watch him in lessons to get some idea of the level of support he'll require.

His teacher has also highlighted to the secondary school that his behaviour is exemplary, that he follows rules and timetables to the letter and that he works well in a group, is very popular, but would be lost in a noisy or boisterous group.

She said she absolutely adores him and will really miss his infectious laughter but particularly the way he comes up to her and whispers 'I'm not very happy' with tears whelling up and leans in for a hug :wub:

Flora :D

She said she absolutely adores him and will really miss his infectious laughter but particularly the way he comes up to her and whispers 'I'm not very happy' with tears whelling up and leans in for a hug :wub:

Flora :D

Bless! Feel all gooey reading that and I don't even know the lad!

Well done, Ben! :thumbs: