fallgyrl

Hi to everyone - my very first post!

Ive been lunking about on this site for a while now and have finally plucked up the nerve to introduce myself. I'm Mum to 2 boys, the youngest B is 19months, a bundle of energy and no obvious issues just yet...The eldest is J, 6yrs and currently in middle of both statement and diagnostic pathway process, fully expect diagnosis of Aspergers in not to distant future. Compared to many others on this forum, it seems we are really fortunate in that the school is supporting us all the way - they currently provide 1 to 1 and social support for J at lunch and breaktimes although currently funded from own resources as goes way beyond ESAP. Hopefully the statement (when it finally arrives...) will give a bit more security and peace of mind.

From what Ive read you all seem so supportive and Im looking forward to picking those brains as things hot up. This sure is a rollercoaster!

Lol Vicky

Hi Vicky

Glad you decided to join in :D

The statementing process is so very stressful isn't it?

Flora :)

Many thanks for the welcome. Yes Flora, it is stressful - it wouldnt seem so bad if I could just remember who the hell everyone is and what they are supposed to be doing! Gone through at least three key workers now from LEA due to sick leave etc. Just wish the statement process and the diagnosis pathway was a bit more co ordinated - everyone doing their own thing, lets hope they finally start sharing info! Ah well

Vicky