Sign in to follow this  
Flora

having hysterics

I'm sat here having a cuppa and panicking! Got my brother his wife and daughter coming to stay. They've never stayed with me before and tbh me and my brother have nothing on common other than being brother and sister.

The beds in the spare room aren't made up yet, there's a pile of washing the size of a mountain waiting to be put away, the kitchen floor needs mopping, and a million other things and they are due here at 12 and I just want to cancel the whole weekend :tearful:

I'm usually fine with house guests. But I have no idea how this weekend will go because me and my brother are so different from one another.

Aaaaaaaaaaah.

Flo' :(

edited to add..... and I'm still in my flippin' pj's :shame:

Edited by Flora

Take a deep breath...... it will be fine.

Sometimes those last minute panic attacks really are the norm in our home before social get togethers.

Dont be so hard on yourself. Put the clothes in a spare room.

Just get yourself ready then the whole thing will fall into place.

Just go with the flow. Pop out some nibblies, sip a glass of wine, and all that stress will melt away.

Have a fun day. It will be a good day. :)

:D>:D<<'>

Hi Flora

I think the fact your still mountain climbing in Jimmy Jams does give a very clear message your just not motivated, I dont have family round anymore, its just too complicated, if and when people stay its no problem to get the house in order and get beds ready, so it could be you have avioded this more than if it was a trruue friend,(Hannah Montana) staying, families are much more harder to please and it can be a time for many that we feel judged and their feelings probably shared a bit more that comes across as critizem and patronised.

I would however give this a go, you never know it could go really well, and throw both going your own way may be have something in common, hope you get to the top of that mountain and at the end of the week end can place that white flag, if it goes wrong or the britian flag for it to have gone really well.

Good Luck, thinking of you.

JsMum

yay

They are stuck in traffic! They had set off at 7am hoping to get here by 12, but they are already 2 hours late due to accidents.

I've done the floor, just got the beds to make and pile of clean laundry to hide, and the rest of the time making myself decent.

Thanks for all the messages guys :D

Flo' :ph34r:

i worry about everthing flo and i get on my nerves keep worrying!!

my sister who im very close was coming to see me at 5 today and i felt a bit anxious,why?i havent got a clue,its just me!!like you though,i had a lovely time :thumbs: but i will still get a bit anxious next time :rolleyes:

Don't know why I was so worried :rolleyes:

We've had a lovely day :D

Flora :)

And nobody even mentioned you were STILL in your jim-jams! What a kind bro & SIL :lol:

:D