Sign in to follow this  
anniebean

Hi ya

hi everyone!

Im a 36 yr old mum struggling with my 12 yr old ASD son :tearful:

Im so tired right now and it's been a hard evening! :wacko:

Just wanted to say hi and so glad i found this place.

luv annie xx

Hi again! sorry guys! Im so frazzled right now i cant remember introducing myself a couple of weeks ago! Lol! i cant believe i've introduced myself twice! OMG! I really must be going mad!!!!!! :wacko::blink:

>:D<<'>
Hi again! sorry guys! Im so frazzled right now i cant remember introducing myself a couple of weeks ago! Lol! i cant believe i've introduced myself twice! OMG! I really must be going mad!!!!!! :wacko::blink:
>:D<<'> welcome annie bean have 11 year old son with autsm do you find getting harder as they are getting older

Hi single autie mum

yes i SOOOOOO do!

Until a couple of years ago things were fine! This last year he has really struggled more and more!

I just was not expecting this! I just thought things would be good as he got older! R U finding the same thing with your little pumpkin? :bat:

Hi single autie mum

yes i SOOOOOO do!

Until a couple of years ago things were fine! This last year he has really struggled more and more!

I just was not expecting this! I just thought things would be good as he got older! R U finding the same thing with your little pumpkin? :bat:

for sure annie obsessed about people looking at him of course people will look when he's shouting and being agressive ,cant get this through to him though. he want to go places but doesnt want others to be ther ahh if only could win loto could be like stars and have places opened just for us ohh what bliss that would be, is yours in special school mine been in autistic unit for 7 years transfering to special school from sept visits going well fingers crossed

Im so sorry that it is hard for u when you r out in public places.

with L it is different! When we r out he is so quiet! He wont say a thing! He is very anxious! He wont look at anyone!

For the first few years of school he was totally mute. He will talk a little at school now but he is still very quiet and wont ask for help at all.

When he is at home he becomes very aggressive, cries all the time, fights with his younger brother, screams, bangs his head on the wall, he is very OCD. It's just a nightmare at home! He has been able to just manage mainstream school but things r becoming a little more difficult at the moment! No disruptive behaviour but he is falling behind!

I'll be thinking of u xx

Hi anniebean, I know what you mean. I have a 14 yr old and his behaviour makes me frazzled at times. The last few years have been a struggle and I worry about the future. How is your son at school? Do you have any support? Keep chatting, it helps. Purple X

Anniebean, I missed your last post we must have crossed paths. :) My son is very much like yours, no eye contact, hates talking to people, no facial expressions. Even with a statement he is still struggling in a mainstream school.

hey purple :D

L has been doing fine without a statement but has had lots of support. A teaching assistant is very good with him and there is a little special needs room where he is in a smaller group in some of his lessons! As i say, he is not disruptive at all. The problems we r having now is that now he is getting older he really needs to ask for help and be more organised. e.g making sure he brings everything he needs to the lesson! He wont ever contribute to class discussions or put his hand up and although this never seemed to be a problem for the school before, they r now slightly worried about this!

Im sorry your 14 yr old is struggling at the moment. Do u find that the school r doing all they can to help him?

Hi anniebean, the school keep telling me they are doing all they can but they are not very good and understanding his behaviour and why he is doing it. They exclude him a lot and don't really care if he does any work as long as he behaves. I get a schedule sent home every week of how each lesson has gone. Most of the time it says things like didn't do any work but behaved or walked out of the lesson. His behaviour is getting worse not better, and recently they said they would call an interim review if he is excluded again. So I have asked for one for now or September becuase I don't see the point of waiting for it to go wrong. The SENCO told me she didn't feel it was needed because they can't do anything else for him it's up to him now. I'm really worrying for the future because I can see him leaving school and wandering aimlessly or joining the wrong people becuase they accept him.

Im so sorry that it is hard for u when you r out in public places.

with L it is different! When we r out he is so quiet! He wont say a thing! He is very anxious! He wont look at anyone!

For the first few years of school he was totally mute. He will talk a little at school now but he is still very quiet and wont ask for help at all.

When he is at home he becomes very aggressive, cries all the time, fights with his younger brother, screams, bangs his head on the wall, he is very OCD. It's just a nightmare at home! He has been able to just manage mainstream school but things r becoming a little more difficult at the moment! No disruptive behaviour but he is falling behind!

I'll be thinking of u xx

hi annie bean r was more like your L till about a year ago quieter wouldnt look at people but this last year hes much worse i know hormones are probably playing a part as well as change to new school trouble is its really hard when they intelligent but unable to interact socailly like most others thats why trying to set up a club so can have leisure time away from stares ,people who invade his space etc .one possitive thing that should happen soon for us is that we are going to have small space in house converted into chillout sensory room padded walls calming music ligh show etc O T is organising for us somewhere for him to go when close to overload think i,ll be in there when he at school rocking back and for :wacko: only joking, could you see about something like this for L place for him to go when his senses getting overloaded Does he have area to go at scool to chill cos i know mine uite quiet at school but it expldes like firework when he gets home tink they have to release stress when get home we so lucky to have thi pleasure take care