Sign in to follow this  
girl interrupted

Terrified about school

I went through a lot of shite last year and I'm terrified about returning.

my parents could'nt get me into a local school with atustic support as it was so full.

I've lost the small amount of friends I had and we're also in a new school which causes more problems.

durign the summer term I resorted to hiding in toliets and places a lot.

I dunno what to do to survive this last year.

Its so bad I'm doing my highers in college.

Poor you, hopefully someone more your age will come along and support you, I`m an oldie! well to you anyway, but have kids your age, so sending you >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Enid

Poor you, hopefully someone more your age will come along and support you, I`m an oldie! well to you anyway, but have kids your age, so sending you >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Enid

thankyou love!:)

<3

I went through a lot of shite last year and I'm terrified about returning.

my parents could'nt get me into a local school with atustic support as it was so full.

I've lost the small amount of friends I had and we're also in a new school which causes more problems.

durign the summer term I resorted to hiding in toliets and places a lot.

I dunno what to do to survive this last year.

Its so bad I'm doing my highers in college.

Hi Jessica,

Both my son and daughter when through similar difficulties for various reasons relating to stress, anxiety and their health. Not only my kids but many of their friends around the age of 15, I believe it is a very difficult time for many teenagers.

What I do know that helped them both enormously, was consulting the school counsellor. Making an appointment with them, then if you needed something ongoing, going to the local community health and support network in your area. My two really needed to consult a Paediatrician as well, but, the counsellor is a really good first step.. Just to tell them exactly what you have said here and they can make all sorts of changes to make things easier for you. Perhaps they may suggest dropping some of the electives and just doing the core subjects. Its better to manage to do these than suffer burn out and pull out all together.

Both my kids ended up going to college, but the support was excellent. Either way, you will be in good hands. But you need to speak with the school counsellor, and tell them everything, as they are the ones that can set a plan for you, and they are there to support you if you struggle with anything. Also, if you do not like the school counsellor, you could also get a referral from your GP.

The most important thing is talking face to face - one on one with someone like this, as they will help you.

My two wouldnt have been able to do it alone.

I hope this helps. They will give you some good strategies on how to cope too and sort out some of the problems you have.

You will feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders once you speak to someone like this. From my experience.

All the best,

love

Fran :thumbs:>:D<<'>

Sending you lots of hugs, sweetheart. >:D<<'> Reading your post brought the memories flooding back - I too used to hide out in the loos at lunchtime, or try to escape and go for long walks to daydream. It was only the thought of getting out of that place and going to college that kept me going. And for me it did work out cos the move to a new environment brought new friends who where far more 'mature' and understanding, and on my wavelength So try and stick with your education love and hope that things get better for you too.

Vicky

the friend problems have really stared effecting my summer.

I went to a music band course this week an I might even have a band now but I've been crying and upset a lot as the course is finished and its not certain people will wan to continue also the fact they have friends outside and I feel like a fake when I'm with them as when I've been going home this summer I don't have any proper friends.

I've been sleeping it away a lot an I know th only way I'm goin to make proper frnds is moving school but my parents don't want to hear it.