Sign in to follow this  
sjb

Hello

Hi!

i've just joined today and been reading lots of the info on here.

My eldest who is 8 (almost 9)has been diagnosed with ASD and we are currently awaiting further tests etc, to which the Psych seems to think will lead to a diagnosis of Aspergers (which isn't a surprise to us) as we have been going down this road since he was about 2!! just takes soo ###### long to get someone to cough up and say - yep that's it. Our problem/s have been that in school he is not a problem - he's a right jekyll and hyde (as i have seen many others of you have had the same experience). and we get all the grief before/after school, amazing that i contacted the local SENSS team from ASK in our area the other week, she contacts the school, cos we are thinking of going for stat ass ourselves and hey presto - all of a sudden, he has an IEP and is on Action Plus because outside agencies are involved, funny that as he has been seeing paeds, s&l and others ever since he started school and was on school start first time we have heard anything about and IEP or Action Plus, his school report on Monday didn't mention it, neither did the teacher at parents evening. Got a copy of the IEP the other day and it's date July 2008 - summit fishy going on here, so i'm off to school later for a meeting with the SENCo and to bash a few heads rofl me thinks school has been caught out!!!

anyway - that's my story lol

Sally

Hi Sally Welcome to the Forum.

The experience with school described in your post is familiar to myself....and will be to many others here so you have plenty of company on that front. :) Karen.

Hello and thanks!

looks like i will be doing lots of reading on here later! lol

Hi sjb

Welcome to the forum.... you will find lots of information if you read through exisiting threads, but if you can't find what you're looking for don't hesitate to start your own thread and ask away.

Flora :D

Thanks for the welcome!!

One more week of semi sanity whilst kids are at school and then in 5 1/2 weeks - i shall be :wacko: by the end of it :lol: