JsMum

Flash photography

Anyones children get upset with cameras that use the flash, The zoo day was hindered when in the monkey observation, it was like a news report, flash,flash, flash, then in the science museum, the same but about fifty times worse, we had no choice to leave, if J is exposed to enough flashes it brings on a severe headache and he isnt well.

Were finding that there is a lot more cameras with very intence flash much more severe than older models, what I dont understand is that people are using them indoors when I wasnt aware you needed to, its spoiling our choices to venues, he is reluctant to go out now, and wont entertain anywhere that is busy, anyone has this difficulty, how can I get around the flash issue, other than stay indoors i cant see it getting any better.

JsMum

What about some sunglasses? I don't know if J would tollerate them mind. Annoying I know. You should see my reaction when people have balloons. It's not their fault, but I can't help getting angry about it when I see my girl getting more than just a little bit uptight!! Like I said, not anyone's fault, but just makes life so much harder for us!!

J is ok with it but then he has been round it years cos we are photographers lol.

J is ok with it but then he has been round it years cos we are photographers lol.

Js certainly not camera shy, he regularly has his photos taken proffessionally, and adores his pictures been taken, but the photographer uses a special flash screening blocker, it makes the flash less intence, but out and about and people using normal everyday cameras with high intensity flash cameras it really does make J very unwell, it takes him a whole day to recover.

He wont use sunglasses, but does wear caps, with peaks, so the sunlight is a bit easier, he is very light sensitive, spot lights in malls are hurrendous and he cant even walk into the store, so I know lights are an issue but camera flashes are really upsetting him.

Darky understand where your coming from with balloons, though J isnt phobic to balloons but I understand what your saying.

science geek did you really ban flashes at your wedding, how did you do that?

JsMum

It wasn't banned officially, it wasn't allowed in the register office anyway. Our photographer is a friend of ours and was understanding of my needs so we had very few that had a flash used, that was Ems family but they stopped once asked to.

science geek did you really ban flashes at your wedding, how did you do that?

JsMum

Many people use flash when it isnt even needed-if they read the books that came with the cameras they would realise this. Yeah we use diffusers on the flashes aswell.

My camera has an automatic flash and I can't turn it off.. so it always goes off depending on the light.... whether we are indoors or out. My son refused to have his photograph taken, or if he has to he does it under sufference. I wonder if it is anything to do with the flash? I'd never really attributed it to that, I might ask him.

Sun glasses may help to filter some of it out in places where it's problematic.

Flora :)

My camera has an automatic flash and I can't turn it off.. so it always goes off depending on the light.... whether we are indoors or out. My son refused to have his photograph taken, or if he has to he does it under sufference. I wonder if it is anything to do with the flash? I'd never really attributed it to that, I might ask him.

Sun glasses may help to filter some of it out in places where it's problematic.

Flora :)

What camera do you have hun I can check if theres a way to turn auto flash off. :thumbs:

We've just discovered that this is why ds#2 (4 and nt but being assessed) doesn't like his photo taken - I thought he was just being awkward but one day he mentioned it and suddenly it clicked. He hasn't figured out that it doesn't go off outdoors so is anxious whenever someone wants to take his photo.

I know an aspie who has severe problems with camera flashes and suffers migraines as a result of camera flashes. She wears coloured glasses and a cap to protect her from bright light, but has not found a solution to the camera flashes, other than not going to places where it is used.