Bard

Fingers crossed!

Well, after last week working my tail off to complete all the preparations in school so that I'm ready for next year...

tomorrow B is beginning another kayaking course.

He's really looking forward to it, but I need you to send positive thoughts and cross your fingers. Because the last thing he and I need is for there to be any flirty teen females in his group.

He can't cope with girls yet, and they like what they see too much to get the message.

So I want any girls there to be focused on their paddling and not on B.

Or things could go very wrong very quickly.

:unsure:

Fortunately the instructors know this.

Fingers, eyes, elbow........etc...........all crossed!

Let him not shower for a couple of days - that might put 'em off!

He's capsizing in the lake a lot, followed by a shower every day.

I think it's the thick black hair, the hazel eyes and the intense expression that they go for.

They just seem keen on provoking a response and doing all the girly fussing that they think is cute and makes him angry.

They just seem keen on provoking a response and doing all the girly fussing that they think is cute and makes him angry.

Try coating their paddles in super-glue whilst they are distracted. That should keep their hands off B and on the paddling :lol::devil:

He's capsizing in the lake a lot, followed by a shower every day.

Bard, if he dispenses with the shower every day, perhaps that would keep the girls at bay??? :devil: I'm always telling Bill if he doesn't shower more often that he'll never get a girl friend... perhaps that's where I'm going wrong... I should tell him girls are attracted to sweaty teenage boys and then he might be more willing to bathe!!!!

Anyhoo... hope B is having a fun time kayaking, and that the girls aren't too flirty :D

Flo'

He had a fantastic day, great weather and he's remembered a lot from the last course so he's confident.

There are 6 girls there, and none of them are over 10.

Three of them are tiny and so he's playing big brother and towing them out of the reeds when they can't paddle straight and holding their kayaks so they can climb back in. Not a hormone in sight!

Update...

He's joined their Saturday morning club, 2 hours of kayaking until Nov 1st. Then starting again at Easter.

And the staff are pleased to have him!

He's doing some of the skills very well indeed, and prepared to really try and try again on the more tricky bits.

He's so happy, he has a big grin on his face most of the time. :wub:

Oh, I'm glad for him. My Cal has been kayaking with his school, and LOVES it- he shows a bit of promise at it, apparently. Will have to see if there's a group near us...I didn't actually consider there would be one...I'm daft that way!

Long may the enjoyment be unbounded! Hope it continues to go well.

Well, just to strike an Aspie note.

When he kayaks, he's in his own defined space. The action of paddling is fairly uncomplicated to begin with, forwards or backwards. If he needs more space, he's in charge of the craft and can paddle away, within reason. When you capsize, it's not as scary.

Sailing on the other hand would involve multiple actions some simultaneous, another person in the craft and it's more complicated to change direction. There are a lot more shouted instructions.

I sailed a lot as a teen, and it suited me well because I don't like cold water much. So I've rarely capsized with all the sails, mast, ropes and stuff to deal with.