Sign in to follow this  
dogfish

Newbie - please be gentle

This seems like a nice and friendly site compared to some i've browsed so i've come to play. *waves*

I am a thirty year old mother of two. I have a boychild aged 11 awaiting an ASD diagnosis and a pre-teen redheaded 9 year old girl. I am still decided which is the easier to parent.

I am a nurse and also a researcher and my main reason for coming to this site is to find participants. But i may stay around long term if i get comfy.

Pleased to meet you.

Does anybody have any objections to me advertising for research participants and if not, where would be the best place to post?

Hi dogfish - welcome to the forum :)

As far as research goes we have allowed posts looking for research subjects in the past. Obviously it depends on the nature of the research, and 'ethical study' criteria etc, but if you bung it to admin/mods we'll have a looksee and let you know if it's okay to post. If it's a study into the calming effects of red wine and choklitt I'm sure that'll be fine :lol:

:D

*drools* chocolate and red wine... now that sounds like the beginnings of a great research proposal.

Thanks for that baddad. Any mod in particular?

ETA: Oh i see you is a mod. PM on its way.

Edited by dogfish

Hi, dogfish

Only too happy to take part in red wine & choccie research :lol:

Of course, it will take some time to fully evaluate - I'm thinking maybe a year's supply should do it :whistle:

Nicky >:D<<'>

No idea... didn't he make up Sherlock Holmes?

I don't have much time for reading outside of philosophy and autism, and if i do i head straight for the Discworld. :wine:

Me too! Although some of the characters would fit right in here!! (Thinking Leonard of Quirm, kinda thing?)

I think you might have that wrong though, Badders....'A Study in Chocolate' was nothing to do with Conan Doyle, was it not one of Lord Llewellyn-Bowen Lacy Sleeves' creations instead? Accompanied by 'A Boudoir in Magenta' and his horror classic, 'The Mauve Lounge'???