Sign in to follow this  
something_different

Royal Mail

I orderd something from e-bay and i was not home when it was deliverd, so got one of those cards through saying so.

I could pick it up at the sorting office (which is really out of the way, on a back road out of town no where near the town centre) that is only open between the hours of 7.30am and 12.30. Not much use to anyone really is it?

So chose the re-delivery option, requesting a delivery today, its a small parcel so i assumed the postman would bring it.

The postie arrived with the am post at 11am and did not have the parcel, apparantly it is in the van and will be deliverd today but can't say when.

If i had known that i wld have to wait in all day i wld have just made the 30 min walk each way to and from the post office.

I hate royal mail.

Also have had times when we have been home and had a card shoved through the door along with the letters.

what happend to the times when u got post first thing in the am, and one at 12, and when the postie would chap u up out of your bed to deliver your parcel (because post always came first thing even on a Sat)

Edited by something_different

thay are already saving a heap of money by closing local post offices and even the main PO meaning they only have one within a shop which is cheaper to run. As well as plans to close even more offices including ones in villages where they are used daily by locals.

4.30 and still no parcel!

our regular post comes at 3pm!.. we phoned royal mail to complain because important documents kept going missing and an hour later someone appeared and shoved over 20 letters through our post box!

That's annoying, waiting in all day for nothing :(

My post normally comes around 10am, but yesterday it came about 4pm!

Last year a load of my post got returned to sender with notes on it saying, "gone away." Don't know who wrote that, since I am the only person living in my house. Very weird.

I get lots of post for someone in a different road, same house number. The postcode is even written right so I don't know why it ends up here. Today I went to pick up a parcel from the sorting office. I thought it must have been too big for the letter box but it wasn't, and it had a note on it saying it had been delivered to this other address even though it was addressed correctly :wallbash:

In the 5 years I have lived here, they have shut down 3 post offices and halved the size of the remaining one. On a Monday morning you actually have to queue round the corner because there are so many people there.

I can remember (well almost) when you had 4 deliveries a day , you could post a letter in the morning and it would be delivered the same day.

Before Phones, if you were going to be late home from work you could send a letter to tell your family and it would got there before you got home.

And it only cost 1d.

The good old days.

I remember reading a series in the paper. It was a series of notes sent between a couple, and you assumed they were emails as there were several messages sent every day. In the end it was revealed that they were actually letters sent through the post when there were multiple deliveries per day.

The postie nicked all my 18th birthday cards. No one had sent me any cash, but I thought no one had sent me any cards either! I got them all back a few years later and they had all been opened.

Since we moved here nearly 3 years ago we have lost count of the number of times we have had a parcel not turn up, no card through door - nothing, but when we have phone our local sorting office (which is also only open in the mornings) they have our parcel there. The first time this happened by husband had gone to collect a parcel for which we had had a card through the door and he was given 3 parcels not one, so now we know to phone if we have a missing parcel. Every time they apologise, but a few months later it happens again! We forgave them at the start as we were then on a new-build but three years on..... Also in most cases they claim the postman put a card through the door - GRRR!!!

The trick is to get your house used as a 'drop off point' (like I have). My postman always makes sure that you get my post and also bends the rules about 'signed for letters' and things that are too big for the letterbox - he just puts a note through the door saying that they've been left in the drop off place :thumbs:

This a godsend as the local sorting office is only open 7:00am to midday, Monday to Friday, and they don't pick up the phone when you try to re-arrange delivery - really useful if you go to work :wallbash:

Steady, now :shame:

My hubby works for that fine institution :whistle:

There are many, many stories I could tell, but as I used to work for them, too, I am bound by the official secrets act :ph34r: